Burglaries in Whittlesey due to windows left open in heatwave
- Credit: Archant
Two burglaries happened overnight in Whittlesey where the offender gained entry through open windows.
The incidents took place on Monday (August 26) prompting police to post a warning on social media during the hot weather.
It read: "We would like to take this opportunity to remind everyone that while we know it's tempting to leave your windows open in the hot weather, they're the perfect entry point for burglars.
"Remember to keep them closed when you're out or in the garden. And don't forget to close ground floor windows overnight, even when you're in the house."
One resident commented: "This seems to be happening all over fenland at the minute for some reason it seems to go through bad stages of it where it's all you hear about every day where another burglary has happened."
You may also want to watch:
Cambridgeshire Police is currently working with Cambridgeshire County Council under their Safer Cambs scheme in a bid to reduce crime and anti-social behaviour in the county.
- 1 Nine years jail for paedophile who 'manipulated and exploited' teenage girls
- 2 Man hospitalised with serious injuries after industrial accident
- 3 Jail for sex offender who went abroad and missed his appointments
- 4 Police respond to 200 Covid breaches in one weekend
- 5 Two-car collision on A47
- 6 Hickford blames county council's 'incompetent project management' for abandoning Manor Farm
- 7 Drunk and disorderly man ‘ashamed and embarrassed’ after arrest
- 8 Rapid Covid-19 test centre highlights latest success
- 9 'We can't stand still' - co-chairman on taking Whittlesey to next level
- 10 Council told in 2019 Chatteris factory would close