Burglars ransack house and steal valuables during raid
- Credit: Archant
Burlgars caused damage and stole items worth thousands of pounds after breaking into a home in Chippenham.
The intruders forced a rear door to the property in New Street at about 5pm on Tuesday (May 12) before ransacking rooms and stealing cash and items including a PlayStation 4 console and an Apple Mac laptop computer.
They also stolen jewellery including a set of gold cufflinks in the shape of a horse’s head with red rubies set in the eyes.
Police are keen to trace a new black Volkswagen Golf, which was used by the burglars and is believed to have been stolen. They were described as white men in their 20s and wore dark smart clothing.
PC Steve Gilbey said: “This burglary has had a big impact on the victims and we want to catch those responsible as soon as possible. I would urge anyone with any information, no matter how insignificant it may seem, to come forward.
You may also want to watch:
“I would also remind people to always report anything they believe is not right or out of the ordinary. If you are concerned about something, call the police, as experience tells us it’s normally right.”
Anyone with information should contact PC Gilbey on 101 or Crimestoppers, anonymously, on 0800 555111. If a crime is in progress call 999.
- 1 Lucky Cambridgeshire neighbours win People's Postcode Lottery
- 2 Person cut out of car after two-vehicle crash
- 3 Binmen revolt over alleged bullying, poor pay, low morale and staffing crisis
- 4 Woman has heart attack and dies in ambulance waiting for a hospital bed
- 5 Drug dealer racially abused police officer
- 6 BMW driver 'intentionally rammed' Ford car on A142 before fleeing scene
- 7 Piled wall will resolve major King's Dyke crossing obstacle
- 8 Football club ‘disappointed’ after vandals damage toilet facilities
- 9 Woman pedestrian in her 50s killed in guided busway crash
- 10 Ramsey woman to appear in court to face drug dealing charges