Burglars target four March homes where windows were left open overnight
BURGLARS targeted four homes in March where windows were left open or unlocked overnight.
Overnight Sunday (July 8-9) an attempted burglary took place in Morton Avenue. The offender was disturbed by the victim and ran from the scene.
Other incidents happened in Creek Road between 1.30am and 4.30am, when a TV was stolen; in St John’s Chase between 10.30pm and 9.45am, when money, a phone and tobacco were taken; and in Gimbert Square between midnight and 7am, where a handbag was stolen.
Det Sgt Matt Swash said: “The offenders have targeted them because of windows being left open.
“We have increased patrols in the area, but the public can play a vital part in helping us prevent further offences as well as catching those responsible.”
You may also want to watch:
CONTACT: Police on 101.
- 1 BMW driver 'intentionally rammed' Ford car on A142 before fleeing scene
- 2 Binmen revolt over alleged bullying, poor pay, low morale and staffing crisis
- 3 Lucky Cambridgeshire neighbours win People's Postcode Lottery
- 4 Football club ‘disappointed’ after vandals damage toilet facilities
- 5 Drug dealer racially abused police officer
- 6 Person cut out of car after two-vehicle crash
- 7 Woman pedestrian in her 50s killed in guided busway crash
- 8 Ramsey woman to appear in court to face drug dealing charges
- 9 Woman has heart attack and dies in ambulance waiting for a hospital bed
- 10 Three people arrested in Somersham after stash of Cannabis found in car