Songs, dancing and fun for Burrowmoor School nursery children’s first Christmas play
- Credit: Archant
Children From Burrowmoor Nursery got into the seasonal spirit when they staged their Christmas production for parents.
The show, called Our First Christmas Play, saw the tots entertain with music and song.
There were 62 youngsters taking part aged from two to four years old.
Teacher Mandy Aziz said: “Children have been rehearsing since November so parents have got to know the songs well.
“This means it turns into a real sing along fun show for everyone.
“It is the first time they have put on the Christmas show by themselves.
“They’ve done really well. There’s plenty of music, singing and dancing. Everybody gets involved.”
- 1 Arson causes fire to rip through derelict building
- 2 Discount store expanding making it ‘bigger and better for customers’
- 3 Chatteris Fire brigade respond to nearly 20 calls in two days
- 4 Woman on trial over death of Louis Thorold ‘had worsening dementia’
- 5 Man and teenager jailed after carrying out ‘horrific’ homophobic attack
- 6 Over 6,000 homes approved across Cambridgeshire this year
- 7 Heather's Hedgehog Hotel in Chatteris officially opens
- 8 'Why not have two stations?' - Villagers air their views on £37m rail project
- 9 Police officer speaks out after violent assault left bleed on brain
- 10 Salesman Stephen who 'has a smile every day' marks 45 years at firm
The play tells the story of forgetful Santa who knows that he’s forgotten to do something very important.
With help from Mrs Claus and the elves he eventually remembers, but not before the cast has sung several Christmas songs about trees, cards, Christmas dinner, presents and more.
The nursery children took the opportunity to show off this year’s performance costumes in front of their winning Christmas tree which was entered into the St Peter’s Church tree festival.
Their tree won this year’s best dressed children’s tree category.