Songs, dancing and fun for Burrowmoor School nursery children’s first Christmas play
- Credit: Archant
Children From Burrowmoor Nursery got into the seasonal spirit when they staged their Christmas production for parents.
The show, called Our First Christmas Play, saw the tots entertain with music and song.
There were 62 youngsters taking part aged from two to four years old.
Teacher Mandy Aziz said: “Children have been rehearsing since November so parents have got to know the songs well.
“This means it turns into a real sing along fun show for everyone.
You may also want to watch:
“It is the first time they have put on the Christmas show by themselves.
“They’ve done really well. There’s plenty of music, singing and dancing. Everybody gets involved.”
- 1 'Loving, caring family man' dies in hospital weeks after A141 crash
- 2 7 of the best pumpkin picking locations in Cambridgeshire
- 3 Work to improve A47 between March and Peterborough begins
- 4 Dramatic pictures catch harvester on fire in 4am blaze
- 5 Butcher Ron to hang up his hat after 64 years
- 6 Granddaughter launches bid to help others thanks to football legend
- 7 Paramedics warn of 'tents in car parks' amid mental health crisis
- 8 Illegal poachers stopped in their tracks by eagle-eyed public
- 9 Man jailed for historic sexual abuse 'convinced child victims it was normal behaviour'
- 10 8 of the best shows coming to Cambridgeshire in November
The play tells the story of forgetful Santa who knows that he’s forgotten to do something very important.
With help from Mrs Claus and the elves he eventually remembers, but not before the cast has sung several Christmas songs about trees, cards, Christmas dinner, presents and more.
The nursery children took the opportunity to show off this year’s performance costumes in front of their winning Christmas tree which was entered into the St Peter’s Church tree festival.
Their tree won this year’s best dressed children’s tree category.