Bury St Edmunds woman dies in A142 collision near Sutton, Cambs, in which the driver taken to hospital but baby girl escapes unhurt
- Credit: Archant
Police have named a woman who died following a collision on the A142 (Ely Road) near Sutton yesterday afternoon (April 27).
Nicola Manning, 43, of Vinery Road in Bury St Edmunds, died when the black Jaguar X Type she was a passenger in was involved in a collision with a black Ford Transit. The collision happened close to the Mepal Road roundabout at about 4.30pm.
A man in his 40s who was driving the Jaguar X Type has serious, but not life threatening injuries, as a result of the collision and a baby girl was taken to hospital as a precaution.
The driver of the Ford Transit, a man in his 30s, received minor injuries.
Police are appealing for anyone who witnessed the collision to call 101 and ask to speak to a member of the Road Policing Unit.
You may also want to watch:
Sgt Phil Priestley of Ely police station said: “The events of yesterday evening have given us a stark reminder that we all have to try that bit harder to stay safe.
“We offer our sincere condolences to the friends and family of the lady who passed away yesterday.”
- 1 BMW driver 'intentionally rammed' Ford car on A142 before fleeing scene
- 2 Binmen revolt over alleged bullying, poor pay, low morale and staffing crisis
- 3 Lucky Cambridgeshire neighbours win People's Postcode Lottery
- 4 Drug dealer racially abused police officer
- 5 Person cut out of car after two-vehicle crash
- 6 Football club ‘disappointed’ after vandals damage toilet facilities
- 7 Woman pedestrian in her 50s killed in guided busway crash
- 8 Woman has heart attack and dies in ambulance waiting for a hospital bed
- 9 Ramsey woman to appear in court to face drug dealing charges
- 10 Piled wall will resolve major King's Dyke crossing obstacle