Bury St Edmunds woman dies in A142 collision near Sutton, Cambs, in which the driver taken to hospital but baby girl escapes unhurt
- Credit: Archant
Police have named a woman who died following a collision on the A142 (Ely Road) near Sutton yesterday afternoon (April 27).
Nicola Manning, 43, of Vinery Road in Bury St Edmunds, died when the black Jaguar X Type she was a passenger in was involved in a collision with a black Ford Transit. The collision happened close to the Mepal Road roundabout at about 4.30pm.
A man in his 40s who was driving the Jaguar X Type has serious, but not life threatening injuries, as a result of the collision and a baby girl was taken to hospital as a precaution.
The driver of the Ford Transit, a man in his 30s, received minor injuries.
Police are appealing for anyone who witnessed the collision to call 101 and ask to speak to a member of the Road Policing Unit.
You may also want to watch:
Sgt Phil Priestley of Ely police station said: “The events of yesterday evening have given us a stark reminder that we all have to try that bit harder to stay safe.
“We offer our sincere condolences to the friends and family of the lady who passed away yesterday.”
- 1 Man arrested after suspected drink or drug-fuelled A141 crash
- 2 Rings End A141 closed after three vehicle collision
- 3 47-home estate 'beggars belief' says councillor
- 4 Motorcyclist dies in A141 crash
- 5 Pictures show cars - including Tesco delivery vans - queued at fuel pumps
- 6 Crisis, what crisis? Panic buying at the pumps in Fenland
- 7 7 of the best pumpkin picking locations in Cambridgeshire
- 8 A141 closed after motorcycle crash
- 9 Former mayor Aigars Balsevics must wait for verdict on pub fate
- 10 Amazing escape for driver in A11 crash