Buses to use temporary station at King’s Lynn during major refurbishment works
- Credit: Archant
Passengers travelling into King’s Lynn will have their buses temporarily relocated while the bus station is refurbished.
From Monday March 9 all departures and arrivals for southbound bus services to and from King’s Lynn will be relocated from the bus station to Portland Street while work is carried out.
Signs will be displayed at key points around the area and bus operators will have posters on board their vehicles.
The work is part of the £1.6m King’s Lynn Transport Interchange project, which is designed to improve the bus station area and the links between the bus station and railway station.
The project has been funded by £500,000 each from Tesco and Sainsbury under a Section 106 agreement, with the remainder coming from the Borough Council of King’s Lynn & West Norfolk and Norfolk County Council.
You may also want to watch:
The next phase of work includes the installation of a new canopy to provide more shelter from the elements.
Buses affected are Norfolk Green No 37 Southery, 38 Middleton, 39 Marham, 46 Wisbech/March, 55 The Walpoles, 505 Spalding, Hardwick 6, First Group X1 Peterborough/Norwich/Great Yarmouth, Konectbus Service 1 Swaffham & Dereham.
- 1 'Loving, caring family man' dies in hospital weeks after A141 crash
- 2 7 of the best pumpkin picking locations in Cambridgeshire
- 3 Dramatic pictures catch harvester on fire in 4am blaze
- 4 Work to improve A47 between March and Peterborough begins
- 5 Man jailed for historic sexual abuse 'convinced child victims it was normal behaviour'
- 6 Over 100 modern slavery victims rescued in Cambridgeshire
- 7 Granddaughter launches bid to help others thanks to football legend
- 8 Butcher Ron to hang up his hat after 64 years
- 9 Envar deny responsibility for county's fly invasion
- 10 Paramedics warn of 'tents in car parks' amid mental health crisis
All other bus and coach services will remain at the bus station departing from bays 5, 6,7 & 8.
Because Portland Street is a few metres further than the bus station, the council is advising passengers to allow extra time to catch their bus.