Audmoor House refurbished to create intimate wedding venue in March
- Credit: Archant
A NEW wedding venue for Fenland has been created in a characterful listed building, with a suite of rooms that creates a perfect location for an intimate family wedding.
Audmoor House – the former register office at the front of the Oliver Cromwell Hotel in March - has been completely restyled and refurbished.
Jo Smith, who runs the Wedding March bridal wear shop in March High Street, is the venue’s wedding planner.
“There is nothing like this already in March, and the gardens are superb, we hope to be able to offer outdoor ceremonies in the future,” she said.
“Everyone has worked really hard to create a fantastic wedding venue.
You may also want to watch:
“Becoming a wedding planner is an extension of what I have been doing; I know how brides think and it is an exciting prospect to help create a perfect day for the bride and groom.”
Arrangements can be made for the three rooms – the ceremony room, bride’s room and guests’ waiting room – to be dressed with flowers, balloons and chair covers.
- 1 ‘You now have s**t on your face,’ objector to planning scheme told
- 2 Man escapes ‘shocking case’ of modern slavery at hand car wash
- 3 Suspected drink-driver, 41, arrested after tip-off from resident
- 4 DJ, 11, branded 'an inspiration' after winning top award
- 5 Police thank eagle-eyed motorist for being ‘right place, right time’
- 6 WATCH: Air ambulances can't land after hospital helipad wrecked by US aircraft
- 7 Man who died in road crash is named
- 8 Photographer amazed by praise thanks to stunning images of space
- 9 NHS hired conman on £320,000 five months after he was unmasked
- 10 Suspected paedophile, 61, arrested in live Facebook video stream
“After the ceremony, the wedding party could go across to the Oliver Cromwell Hotel for the reception if they want to,” added Jo.
Guests arriving for a wedding at Audmoor House can enjoy drinks and canapes in the reception room before the ceremony, and the bridal room will provide a private space for the bride to make any last minute preparations.
The ceremony room at Audmoor House, with double doors leading out into the garden, can accommodate up to 30 guests.
Audmoor House was open to visitors during a very successful wedding fair staged at the neighbouring Oliver Cromwell Hotel earlier this month.
“Many local businesses came together to showcase what have to offer in Fenland,” added Jo.
“Everyone worked very hard to get the venue ready, and visitors seemed really impressed, we got some great feedback.”
Audmoor House can also be booked for parties, meetings or conferences.