Audmoor House refurbished to create intimate wedding venue in March
- Credit: Archant
A NEW wedding venue for Fenland has been created in a characterful listed building, with a suite of rooms that creates a perfect location for an intimate family wedding.
Audmoor House – the former register office at the front of the Oliver Cromwell Hotel in March - has been completely restyled and refurbished.
Jo Smith, who runs the Wedding March bridal wear shop in March High Street, is the venue’s wedding planner.
“There is nothing like this already in March, and the gardens are superb, we hope to be able to offer outdoor ceremonies in the future,” she said.
“Everyone has worked really hard to create a fantastic wedding venue.
You may also want to watch:
“Becoming a wedding planner is an extension of what I have been doing; I know how brides think and it is an exciting prospect to help create a perfect day for the bride and groom.”
Arrangements can be made for the three rooms – the ceremony room, bride’s room and guests’ waiting room – to be dressed with flowers, balloons and chair covers.
- 1 The Chase contestant from Cambs labelled ‘most stunning’ in show’s history
- 2 More than 60 fines issued to Covid rulebreakers in Cambs this year
- 3 Road closed and residents without water due to burst water main
- 4 'Eccentric traveller' to ride Penny-Farthing from London to Paris
- 5 Max and Chloe become pioneers of community housing success in Cambs village
- 6 161-mile trip from Yorkshire to Fen village ends in Covid breach fine
- 7 Green light for off-licence despite objections
- 8 ‘It needs to get sorted’ - heartfelt plea after flood nightmare
- 9 Dad's emotional tribute after baby son dies in A10 horror crash
- 10 Driver peers out of Range Rover while trying to cross flooded Welney Wash
“After the ceremony, the wedding party could go across to the Oliver Cromwell Hotel for the reception if they want to,” added Jo.
Guests arriving for a wedding at Audmoor House can enjoy drinks and canapes in the reception room before the ceremony, and the bridal room will provide a private space for the bride to make any last minute preparations.
The ceremony room at Audmoor House, with double doors leading out into the garden, can accommodate up to 30 guests.
Audmoor House was open to visitors during a very successful wedding fair staged at the neighbouring Oliver Cromwell Hotel earlier this month.
“Many local businesses came together to showcase what have to offer in Fenland,” added Jo.
“Everyone worked very hard to get the venue ready, and visitors seemed really impressed, we got some great feedback.”
Audmoor House can also be booked for parties, meetings or conferences.