BUDGET 2013: Wisbech businessman says he’d like to see investment in infrastructure and especially the A47
- Credit: Archant
WISBECH businessman John Foster would like to see investment in infrastructure- particularly the A47- and a reduction in business rates and fuel duty in next week’s Budget.
As Chancellor George Osborne prepares for revealing his proposals next Wednesday, Mr Foster, chief executive of Foster Property Maintenance is sure of what he would like to see.
“I would like to see improved infrastructure, particularly the A47, and reduction in corporation tax and income tax,” he said.
“I would also like to see a reduction in business rates and fuel duty. Regardless of the current economic climate, the government is pulling in rates and is not managing it properly.
“I would also like to see measure for easier access for funding for training for small and medium sized businesses. We put in a bid along with the College of West Anglia to put a training school in place and we didn’t see anything.
You may also want to watch:
“To my mind, the government hasn’t got it right. They are trying to reduce spending, which is fine, but you have got to put something back. It all starts with infrastructure. “We are actively looking at taking options on land for new-build social housing, but this is limited by the facilities in the area - the road and rail access, the hospitals.
“In the United States and France, they are in a similar situation to us, but they are thriving. Although it’s a net borrowing cost up front it will end up being very cost effective.”
- 1 Crash boy's mum says he's 'badly shaken but OK'
- 2 Chief executive takes 'personal oversight' of inquiry into deputy leader's farm tenancy
- 3 Former Top Gear star Rory Reid spotted filming with Lamborghini
- 4 Covid-19 numbers in Fenland higher than rest of county
- 5 Council books seven hotels and guest houses for homeless
- 6 Rapist on bail performed magic tricks for police and security guard
- 7 Max and Chloe become pioneers of community housing success in Cambs village
- 8 Welcome to Whittlesey - the new UK hotspot for kite surfing?
- 9 Transgender rapist - with anatomy of a man- jailed for 15 years
- 10 Care home 'requires improvement' after unannounced visit