Building starts on anaerobic digestion plant in March
A GREEN energy company has started building its first anaerobic digestion plant in March.
The plant being built by Local Generation will transform 30,000 tonnes of both packaged and unpackaged food waste each year into clean, green energy.
It is being built on the Wisbech Road site of its sister company, Fenmarc - vegetable producers and packagers - and should be fully operational later this year.
Nick Waterman, Director of Local Generation, said: “This is an exciting time for the Local Generation business. It is all systems go now to get our first AD plant up and running. We are really looking forward to seeing our plant take shape.”
He added that the team is really looking forward to establishing a sustainable alternative to landfill that will benefit the region’s economy and its ecology.
Mr Waterman said: “We’re genuinely excited about providing an efficient and ethical alternative for dealing with the region’s waste.”
Sales and Marketing Leader for Local Generation, Dawn Terry, says the company will be posting regular updates in the news section of its website www.localgeneration.co.uk to keep the community updated on progress.
- 1 Discount store expanding making it ‘bigger and better for customers’
- 2 Salesman Stephen who 'has a smile every day' marks 45 years at firm
- 3 Farmer ‘feeling low’ due to increasingly difficult working conditions
- 4 Jury deliberates in trial of driver accused of causing baby’s death
- 5 Painter who captured town before 1978 floods finishes 44 years on
- 6 Arson causes fire to rip through derelict building
- 7 Jury to go out in trial of driver accused of causing toddler's death
- 8 Police officer speaks out after violent assault left bleed on brain
- 9 Man and teenager jailed after carrying out ‘horrific’ homophobic attack
- 10 Two vehicles in ditches after crash on A141 between March and Guyhirn
Local Generation is keen to hear from waste providers who would like to use an alternative solution to landfill. Anyone interested should contact the company via the website.