Business leaders gather at the Boathouse to learn more about 2014 Fenland Enterprise Business Awards
- Credit: Archant
Business leaders from across Fenland gathered at the Boathouse Business Centre to discover more about the 2014 Fenland Enterprise Business Awards.
Friday’s lunch offered the chance to talk to previous award winners and sponsors, while talks focused on ways to save on energy bills and how EU grant money can help businesses upgrade IT equipment.
Cambs Times/Wisbech Standard editor John Elworthy said: “The networking lunch provided business owners with the perfect opportunity to see what the Fenland Enterprise Business Awards are all about.
“Since their inception, in 2009, the awards have become a mainstay in the district’s business calendar, with dozens of business entering every year, and I hope that Friday’s event will encourage many more to get involved, too.”
Jeremy Pallant, of Wisbech-based Foster Renewable Energies, a sponsor of this year’s awards, spoke to guests about the importance of using green energy initiatives to beat ever-rising fuel costs.
Guests then heard from Jackie Cooper, a business advisor from Destination Digital, about thousands of pounds worth of EU grant funding available to local business to transform their computing and IT training and how they could apply.
The lunch was rounded off with the opportunity for guests to network.
- 1 Boxing club 'absolutely gutted' as mass brawl abandons show
- 2 Live music, over 100 stalls and fair rides as Christmas market returns
- 3 Thief will spend Christmas in prison after breaching court order
- 4 One arrest and cars seized on busy day for cops
- 5 Owner left excited as town's 'heirloom' features on I'm A Celebrity trial
- 6 Horse rider injured in crash on Ramsey Road in Warboys
- 7 Grandmother paralysed by Covid slowly improving, judge told
- 8 Mother pays tribute to “much-loved” son who died near Fen Drayton
- 9 Drug dealers operating the ‘Marlo’ and ‘Star’ lines have been jailed
- 10 Staff threatened with sledgehammer in armed robbery at St Neots jewellers
The 2014 Fenland Enterprise Business Awards, run by the Cambs Times/Wisbech Standard in association with Fenland District Council, are set to take place on October 10.
There are a total of 13 awards to be won in this year’s competition, 10 of which are open now for entry. The awards will celebrate the success of small and medium enterprises, highlight the business leaders as well as the stars of the future, recognise community initiatives and congratulate flourishing start-up firms.
There is still time to enter your business for this year’s event. The deadline is 5pm on August 29.
Visit www.fenlandbusinessawards.co.uk for more information.