Business leaders gather at the Boathouse to learn more about 2014 Fenland Enterprise Business Awards
- Credit: Archant
Business leaders from across Fenland gathered at the Boathouse Business Centre to discover more about the 2014 Fenland Enterprise Business Awards.
Friday’s lunch offered the chance to talk to previous award winners and sponsors, while talks focused on ways to save on energy bills and how EU grant money can help businesses upgrade IT equipment.
Cambs Times/Wisbech Standard editor John Elworthy said: “The networking lunch provided business owners with the perfect opportunity to see what the Fenland Enterprise Business Awards are all about.
“Since their inception, in 2009, the awards have become a mainstay in the district’s business calendar, with dozens of business entering every year, and I hope that Friday’s event will encourage many more to get involved, too.”
Jeremy Pallant, of Wisbech-based Foster Renewable Energies, a sponsor of this year’s awards, spoke to guests about the importance of using green energy initiatives to beat ever-rising fuel costs.
You may also want to watch:
Guests then heard from Jackie Cooper, a business advisor from Destination Digital, about thousands of pounds worth of EU grant funding available to local business to transform their computing and IT training and how they could apply.
The lunch was rounded off with the opportunity for guests to network.
- 1 Man charged with murder of woman in her 70s
- 2 Murder suspect is victim's son
- 3 Widow of High Court judge, 77, charged with historical sexual abuse
- 4 Firefighters attempted to resuscitate suspected murder victim
- 5 Commuter chaos as van blaze causes miles of congestion
- 6 'Unreasonable behaviour' means Steve must pay council's costs of failed appeal
- 7 Suspected drink lorry driver threw whiskey and wine bottle from cab
- 8 Count admits he 'must carry personally' some blame for losses
- 9 Police forensics team begin search after death of woman in her 70s
- 10 Man arrested on suspicion of murder after death of woman in her 70s
The 2014 Fenland Enterprise Business Awards, run by the Cambs Times/Wisbech Standard in association with Fenland District Council, are set to take place on October 10.
There are a total of 13 awards to be won in this year’s competition, 10 of which are open now for entry. The awards will celebrate the success of small and medium enterprises, highlight the business leaders as well as the stars of the future, recognise community initiatives and congratulate flourishing start-up firms.
There is still time to enter your business for this year’s event. The deadline is 5pm on August 29.
Visit www.fenlandbusinessawards.co.uk for more information.