Business leaders gather at the Boathouse to learn more about 2014 Fenland Enterprise Business Awards
- Credit: Archant
Business leaders from across Fenland gathered at the Boathouse Business Centre to discover more about the 2014 Fenland Enterprise Business Awards.
Friday’s lunch offered the chance to talk to previous award winners and sponsors, while talks focused on ways to save on energy bills and how EU grant money can help businesses upgrade IT equipment.
Cambs Times/Wisbech Standard editor John Elworthy said: “The networking lunch provided business owners with the perfect opportunity to see what the Fenland Enterprise Business Awards are all about.
“Since their inception, in 2009, the awards have become a mainstay in the district’s business calendar, with dozens of business entering every year, and I hope that Friday’s event will encourage many more to get involved, too.”
Jeremy Pallant, of Wisbech-based Foster Renewable Energies, a sponsor of this year’s awards, spoke to guests about the importance of using green energy initiatives to beat ever-rising fuel costs.
You may also want to watch:
Guests then heard from Jackie Cooper, a business advisor from Destination Digital, about thousands of pounds worth of EU grant funding available to local business to transform their computing and IT training and how they could apply.
The lunch was rounded off with the opportunity for guests to network.
- 1 Transgender rapist - with anatomy of a man- jailed for 15 years
- 2 MP visits hospital about to become centre of Covid-19 vaccine rollout
- 3 Owner's desperate plea - and £500 reward - to find missing dog
- 4 Rugby club fears vendetta after vandals strike again
- 5 Nitrous oxide canisters no laughing matter say Fenland police
- 6 Ditch crash victim seriously injured
- 7 'Big red key' used by cops in dawn raid on suspected drug dealers
- 8 Vaccine roll-out begins, 12 hours a day, seven days a week
- 9 Homes 'siloed on edge of village like old-style council estate'
- 10 'Small number of Covid-19 deaths' at care home
The 2014 Fenland Enterprise Business Awards, run by the Cambs Times/Wisbech Standard in association with Fenland District Council, are set to take place on October 10.
There are a total of 13 awards to be won in this year’s competition, 10 of which are open now for entry. The awards will celebrate the success of small and medium enterprises, highlight the business leaders as well as the stars of the future, recognise community initiatives and congratulate flourishing start-up firms.
There is still time to enter your business for this year’s event. The deadline is 5pm on August 29.
Visit www.fenlandbusinessawards.co.uk for more information.