Businesses set to meet at Ely Cathedral for annual event
- Credit: Archant
A celebration of business will be held at Ely Cathedral with more than 100 companies set to showcase their services.
The Ely Cathedral Business Group will hold this year’s event on April 24.
Businesses will exhibit their goods and services in the cathedral for the full day alongwith the Cambridgeshire Chambers of Commerce, who will be running their popular ‘Grow Your Business’ series.
Supported by local business leaders and advisers, these workshops aim to be fun, interactive and thought provoking.
In the evening there will be two key note speakers - Louise Nicholls, corporate head of human rights, food sustainability, and food packaging at Marks & Spencer, and Lord Bird MBE founder and Editor-In-Chief of The Big Issue.
The day will start with a workshop led by the Cambridgeshire Chambers of Commerce at 9.30am.
‘Grow Your Business through People’ will encourage businesses to consider growth and more importantly having the right people and skills to enable growth.
- 1 Thousands descend on Chatteris as town lights up for Christmas
- 2 Princess Eugenie comes to town in bid to tackle modern slavery
- 3 Stolen caravans discovered on village site to relief of owners
- 4 Fens business park goes to auction - for up to £700,000
- 5 Children among suspected hare coursers stopped in the Fens
- 6 Pedestrian killed crossing road
- 7 Former army major sentenced after pillion rider dies in motorcycle crash
- 8 Wayne officially opens doors to DOORBRITE showroom
- 9 Check before you travel ahead of major upgrade, commuters warned
- 10 Shocking footage appears to show £100m Marham jet crashing off carrier
This event is designed to encourage businesses to think about business growth, develop their employees and consider the skills required to attract and employ people for the longer term.
Business Exhibition, Promotion and Networking will then follow from 2pm.
To to register to exhibit visit http://www.elycathedralbusinessgroup.org/celebration-of-business-registration-form
At 5.30pm there will be an invitation to Evensong sung by Ely Cathedral Choir and at 6.30pm a wine and capapé reception followed by keynote addresses and Q&A session.
A spokesperson for the event said: “Ely Cathedral Business Group believes there’s a strong correlation between the health of the business sector and the well being of the communities in which those businesses operate.
“We have always wanted to ensure that finances do not get in the way of businesses participating in the group which is why all of our events and programmes have currently operated on a free of charge basis.”
If you’d like to know more about the Celebration of Business exhibition, please contact the Ely Cathedral business group administrator email@example.com or visit our website out www.elycathedralbusinessgroup.org
All events are free to attend.
Donations will also be welcomed to the designated charity Ely Foodbank throughout the day.