Businesses set to meet at Ely Cathedral for annual event
- Credit: Archant
A celebration of business will be held at Ely Cathedral with more than 100 companies set to showcase their services.
The Ely Cathedral Business Group will hold this year’s event on April 24.
Businesses will exhibit their goods and services in the cathedral for the full day alongwith the Cambridgeshire Chambers of Commerce, who will be running their popular ‘Grow Your Business’ series.
Supported by local business leaders and advisers, these workshops aim to be fun, interactive and thought provoking.
In the evening there will be two key note speakers - Louise Nicholls, corporate head of human rights, food sustainability, and food packaging at Marks & Spencer, and Lord Bird MBE founder and Editor-In-Chief of The Big Issue.
You may also want to watch:
The day will start with a workshop led by the Cambridgeshire Chambers of Commerce at 9.30am.
‘Grow Your Business through People’ will encourage businesses to consider growth and more importantly having the right people and skills to enable growth.
- 1 Bullying and insider trader claims pile up against former deputy leader
- 2 Police officer sacked for racially abusing colleague at Christmas party
- 3 Rural crime police recover dog in ‘poor state’ while on site check
- 4 Heated dining pod and covered decking area at restaurant after garden makeover
- 5 Fen farm on more than 200 acres of land up for sale for £2.2million
- 6 Dramatic drop in face-to-face GP appointments
- 7 Police hunt homemade go-kart ‘causing anti-social behaviour’
- 8 £1.5 million food store creates 12 jobs
- 9 Historian who wrote 126 books and spent 64 years bellringing dies aged 90
- 10 Villagers stay strong to earn perfect post-lockdown record
This event is designed to encourage businesses to think about business growth, develop their employees and consider the skills required to attract and employ people for the longer term.
Business Exhibition, Promotion and Networking will then follow from 2pm.
To to register to exhibit visit http://www.elycathedralbusinessgroup.org/celebration-of-business-registration-form
At 5.30pm there will be an invitation to Evensong sung by Ely Cathedral Choir and at 6.30pm a wine and capapé reception followed by keynote addresses and Q&A session.
A spokesperson for the event said: “Ely Cathedral Business Group believes there’s a strong correlation between the health of the business sector and the well being of the communities in which those businesses operate.
“We have always wanted to ensure that finances do not get in the way of businesses participating in the group which is why all of our events and programmes have currently operated on a free of charge basis.”
If you’d like to know more about the Celebration of Business exhibition, please contact the Ely Cathedral business group administrator email@example.com or visit our website out www.elycathedralbusinessgroup.org
All events are free to attend.
Donations will also be welcomed to the designated charity Ely Foodbank throughout the day.