Cafe Skylark celebrates fifth anniversary with free cuppas
CAFE Skylark is celebrating its fifth anniversary – and to celebrate there’s a free cup of tea or coffee on offer next week.
The cafe has been such a success since opening in 2005 that it is full every lunchtime.
However, work starts later this year to more than double the cafe, at the Skylark Country Store and Garden Centre in Wimblington, to accommodate more customers. The cafe has also recruited a full-time manager, Andromeda Kennington.
To celebrate the cafe’s birthday, customers can enjoy a free cup of tea or coffee from Monday to Friday next week with all light bites and specials.
Bart Woodbine, Skylark store manager, said: “The cafe has been a phenomenal success. We are full every lunchtime and have to keep turning people away. We do not want to keep doing that. It is nice to be full but not nice to turn people away.
You may also want to watch:
“As a result, we are going to get an extension to double the cafe’s size.”
Cafe Skylark is home to the world-renowned Fenland breakfast. It includes all local ingredients, freshly laid eggs from Skylark’s chickens, top quality bacon and sausages, large field mushrooms, tomatoes, beans and fresh bread delivered daily for toast.
- 1 Suspected paedophile, 61, arrested in front of thousands on live video
- 2 Bullying and insider trader claims pile up against former deputy leader
- 3 Hundreds go bargain hunting in the sun at first car boot since lockdown
- 4 Three derelict cottages ‘would make an ideal renovation project’
- 5 Residents urged to take twice-weekly rapid Covid-19 tests
- 6 Empty Wisbech shop earmarked for slots and bingo
- 7 Cheers! Busy first weekend back for pub post-lockdown
- 8 Dramatic drop in face-to-face GP appointments
- 9 High Sheriff of Cambridgeshire honoured with new role
- 10 Fen farm on more than 200 acres of land up for sale for £2.2million
Also on the menu is a selection of toasted Paninis, jacket potatoes, rolls and salads plus a large selection of home-made cake including vanilla toffee fudge cake, coffee and walnut, chocolate.
Coffee is freshly brewed from Skylark’s Italian espresso which is operated by trained staff. Delicious cappuccinos and lattes are complemented by a selection of daily specials such as caramel cappuccinos and cinnamon lattes.
Skylark sources all its produce locally. For example, fruit and vegetable comes from Coldham, the butcher is based at Upwell, drinks are sourced from a company at Spalding and printing is done through a business in Wisbech.
• Cafe Skylark is open seven days a week from 10am-4pm.