Cafe Skylark celebrates fifth anniversary with free cuppas
CAFE Skylark is celebrating its fifth anniversary – and to celebrate there’s a free cup of tea or coffee on offer next week.
The cafe has been such a success since opening in 2005 that it is full every lunchtime.
However, work starts later this year to more than double the cafe, at the Skylark Country Store and Garden Centre in Wimblington, to accommodate more customers. The cafe has also recruited a full-time manager, Andromeda Kennington.
To celebrate the cafe’s birthday, customers can enjoy a free cup of tea or coffee from Monday to Friday next week with all light bites and specials.
Bart Woodbine, Skylark store manager, said: “The cafe has been a phenomenal success. We are full every lunchtime and have to keep turning people away. We do not want to keep doing that. It is nice to be full but not nice to turn people away.
You may also want to watch:
“As a result, we are going to get an extension to double the cafe’s size.”
Cafe Skylark is home to the world-renowned Fenland breakfast. It includes all local ingredients, freshly laid eggs from Skylark’s chickens, top quality bacon and sausages, large field mushrooms, tomatoes, beans and fresh bread delivered daily for toast.
- 1 MP visits hospital about to become centre of Covid-19 vaccine rollout
- 2 Vaccine roll-out begins, 12 hours a day, seven days a week
- 3 Council offers reserved parking for elderly heading for Covid jab
- 4 Artist impressions of how Mepal will be transformed into a £6.5m crematorium
- 5 'Small number of Covid-19 deaths' at care home
- 6 Man attempts to smuggle MDMA tablets disguised as Mars Bar into jail
- 7 Slimmer's life-changing weight loss story
- 8 Coronavirus test centre staff ‘receive abuse’ from angry motorists
- 9 Man, 39, convicted of assault on two HMRC officers by beating
- 10 Tributes to 'loving, kind family man' and community stalwart
Also on the menu is a selection of toasted Paninis, jacket potatoes, rolls and salads plus a large selection of home-made cake including vanilla toffee fudge cake, coffee and walnut, chocolate.
Coffee is freshly brewed from Skylark’s Italian espresso which is operated by trained staff. Delicious cappuccinos and lattes are complemented by a selection of daily specials such as caramel cappuccinos and cinnamon lattes.
Skylark sources all its produce locally. For example, fruit and vegetable comes from Coldham, the butcher is based at Upwell, drinks are sourced from a company at Spalding and printing is done through a business in Wisbech.
• Cafe Skylark is open seven days a week from 10am-4pm.