Cafe Skylark celebrates fifth anniversary with free cuppas
CAFE Skylark is celebrating its fifth anniversary – and to celebrate there’s a free cup of tea or coffee on offer next week.
The cafe has been such a success since opening in 2005 that it is full every lunchtime.
However, work starts later this year to more than double the cafe, at the Skylark Country Store and Garden Centre in Wimblington, to accommodate more customers. The cafe has also recruited a full-time manager, Andromeda Kennington.
To celebrate the cafe’s birthday, customers can enjoy a free cup of tea or coffee from Monday to Friday next week with all light bites and specials.
Bart Woodbine, Skylark store manager, said: “The cafe has been a phenomenal success. We are full every lunchtime and have to keep turning people away. We do not want to keep doing that. It is nice to be full but not nice to turn people away.
“As a result, we are going to get an extension to double the cafe’s size.”
Cafe Skylark is home to the world-renowned Fenland breakfast. It includes all local ingredients, freshly laid eggs from Skylark’s chickens, top quality bacon and sausages, large field mushrooms, tomatoes, beans and fresh bread delivered daily for toast.
- 1 Thousands descend on Chatteris as town lights up for Christmas
- 2 Princess Eugenie comes to town in bid to tackle modern slavery
- 3 Stolen caravans discovered on village site to relief of owners
- 4 Fens business park goes to auction - for up to £700,000
- 5 Children among suspected hare coursers stopped in the Fens
- 6 Pedestrian killed crossing road
- 7 Former army major sentenced after pillion rider dies in motorcycle crash
- 8 Wayne officially opens doors to DOORBRITE showroom
- 9 Check before you travel ahead of major upgrade, commuters warned
- 10 Shocking footage appears to show £100m Marham jet crashing off carrier
Also on the menu is a selection of toasted Paninis, jacket potatoes, rolls and salads plus a large selection of home-made cake including vanilla toffee fudge cake, coffee and walnut, chocolate.
Coffee is freshly brewed from Skylark’s Italian espresso which is operated by trained staff. Delicious cappuccinos and lattes are complemented by a selection of daily specials such as caramel cappuccinos and cinnamon lattes.
Skylark sources all its produce locally. For example, fruit and vegetable comes from Coldham, the butcher is based at Upwell, drinks are sourced from a company at Spalding and printing is done through a business in Wisbech.
• Cafe Skylark is open seven days a week from 10am-4pm.