Cambridgeshire pharmaceutical testing firm ALS welcomes Growth Commission’s blueprint for ‘Europe Sillicon Valley’
- Credit: Archant
A Cambridgeshire food and pharmaceutical testing firm has welcomed the Growth Commission’s final report on the London-Stansted-Cambridgeshire corridor which revealed that its value has risen by over six per cent.
The report released last month revealed that the corridor’s value has grown 6.1 per cent – almost twice the national average – and productivity is 16 per cent higher than the average.
ALS Pharmaceutical, whose Chatteris and Ely laboratories are located in the corridor, says they are delighted to be part of “Europe’s answer to Sillicon Valley.”
General manager, Sharon Hanly, said: “The Growth Commissioner says the region is already one of the most attractive locations in the UK for global investment in knowledge-based industries and we know that from first-hand experience.
“These are very exciting times to be located in what is Europe’s answer to Silicon Valley. The report makes the case for unleashing the potential of this major economic region, outlining a 20-year vision for the corridor that would see it become one of the top “knowledge regions” in the world.”
You may also want to watch:
ALS is expected to welcome 15 new members of staff when a £2 million expansion to its Ely laboratory is opened next month.
“We’ve recently benefited from a combined investment of over £5 million into our Ely and Chatteris labs from our global parent, ALS.
- 1 Homes evacuated as FOUR gas leaks disrupt March
- 2 White van driver sought after Passat overturns
- 3 Hooded man exposes himself to two women
- 4 All roads reopened after gas leaks cause day of disruption
- 5 Club shuts its doors after illegal encampment spotted
- 6 30 firefighters tackle A14 lorry blaze
- 7 20 travelling families park illegally at rugby club
- 8 Pub closes as owners decide not to sell
- 9 Glamping site granted drinks licence despite neighbours' protests
- 10 Best is yet to come for March Town after successive league defeats
“So this report is brilliant timing for us; firstly, because it outlines the worldwide opportunities for the UK’s life sciences industry and secondly, because it comes just weeks before we officially open our new premises.”
ALS is to invite current manufactures to view the new Ely laboratory on September 7. For more information, visit www.als-testing.co.uk.