Celebrations at Fenmarc as their Rudolph campaign gets shortlisted for national award
The campaign for its exclusively grown potato variety Rudolph has been recognised by the Grower of the Year awards. The campaign has been shortlisted for Trade Marketing Campaign of the Year, with the winners announced in London next month.
The aim of the campaign for Fenmarc, which is based in March, was to create standout for Rudolph from other potato varieties and position it as a commercially viable, versatile main crop potato.
In six months the team developed a brand identity, a website, trade adverts and created some highly visual branding for Fenmarc lorries. They also secured Young Chef of the Year Paul Foster and TV chef Rachel Green as ambassadors for Rudolph who created a series of recipes to demonstrate Rudolph’s versatility.
Rudolph potatoes were delivered directly into the hands of 15 top London chefs and target media, as part of ‘Rudolph Day’ in September. Then in October a potato master class was held at the award winning Tuddenham Mill, Suffolk for 10 consumer journalists and bloggers.
The year ended with Rudolph potatoes being featured on the Simon Mayo BBC Radio 2 show with Nigel Barden featuring Rudolph as the ideal Christmas roastie.
You may also want to watch:
Jo Giggs, Marketing Executive for Fenmarc says: “This is the first time we have invested in a fully integrated PR and marketing campaign and we are delighted with its success, particularly as this season it has helped drive significant sales of Rudolph.”
- 1 Residents told 'not to approach' illegal encampment
- 2 Father murders daughter’s ex-partner in 'frenzied' multiple knife attack
- 3 Abandoned mooring could cost £50,000 to replace, says council
- 4 March Town mark long-awaited step five return with opening day defeat
- 5 Sweet Caroline and a dodgy knee - review of Olly Murs at Newmarket Nights
- 6 Blush crowned best bridal shop in Cambs
- 7 Drug dealer hid £130,000 at home
- 8 Teenager, 16, threatened young couple with screwdriver in park
- 9 30,000 watch Facebook confrontation of alleged paedophile
- 10 Lorry driver who died in B1085 crash named