Chance to win designer glasses voucher when Specsavers March holds open event to promote new Digital Precision Eyecare
- Credit: Archant
An opticians in March hosts an open event today to coincide with the launch of a new eye care service.
Specsavers, in Broad Street, will showcase the Digital Precision Eyecare service, which helps customers select and fit glasses by using imaging software on tablet devices.
The store will be offering customers the opportunity to win a designer glasses voucher worth £125.
Staff will also provide a selection of cakes and refreshments.
Trevor Clark, director of Specsavers in March, said: “We are really pleased to be offering this very clever kit to our customers and look forward to demonstrating how it works to them on Friday.
You may also want to watch:
“It really does have the wow factor and I am sure they will be impressed how it ensures the perfect fit of glasses each time.”
The optical team will assist customers in selecting their preferred glasses using Digital Precision Eyecare.
- 1 It's a family affair as planners consider five luxury homes
- 2 Three stores evacuated after suspect 'bomb scare'
- 3 Turners ‘massively impacted’ and Knowles up pay to hire HGV drivers
- 4 Police warn you may run but you can't hide from us
- 5 Travellers move onto sports field forcing football to be cancelled
- 6 ‘High risk’ paedophile had indecent images of children on his phone
- 7 Family remembers 'cheeky, friendly and well-liked' mechanic
- 8 Hares hit five, Wisbech win, Whittlesey victorious as Drove triumph
- 9 Chatteris firm with £20m growth plan
- 10 Lack of public transport blamed for collapse of £10.5m training centre
Imaging software on a tablet is then used to take an image of them wearing the glasses, which in turn captures a range of essential measurements. These are unique to the customer and their chosen glasses.
Mr Clark said: “The tablet can also be used to show you what you look like wearing a range of different glasses to help you make your choice.
“The intelligent software helps you choose by any lens options you might want, by demonstrating what they do in real time.”