Chatteris gets 24 new homes as Mizzen Place development is opened
A NEW development of 24 affordable homes has been opened in Chatteris after a competition was held for residents to choose its official name.
Mizzen Place, in Bridge Street, was opened by residents together with staff from Roddons Housing Association - part of Circle - and contractor Hill Partnerships last week.
The name of the development was chosen by a competition amongst residents, with winner Stan Collins presented with a voucher during the opening ceremony. The new homes used to be an office block called Harvest House.
Sophie Tyrell moved into a rented one bedroom flat. She said: “I am very happy in my new home. The place is lovely and clean and looks fresh; it had already been carpeted and was ready for me to move straight in, which is great.”
Mizzen Place, designed entirely by local architects, features 12 two-bed and 12 one-bed eco-friendly homes.
You may also want to watch:
Steve Kane, deputy managing director of Hill Partnerships, said: “This development, although technically challenging as it was on the site of old docks, has resulted in regeneration of this part of Chatteris.
“We are delighted with the outcome of our first scheme with Roddons and we hope that this is the beginning of a long-term relationship.”
- 1 Homes evacuated as FOUR gas leaks disrupt March
- 2 White van driver sought after Passat overturns
- 3 Hooded man exposes himself to two women
- 4 Club shuts its doors after illegal encampment spotted
- 5 Pub car park approved despite 13 residents' noise concerns
- 6 Pub closes as owners decide not to sell
- 7 Best is yet to come for March Town after successive league defeats
- 8 Pub demolition decision deferred
- 9 Residents told 'not to approach' illegal encampment
- 10 Stunning drone footage shows prom night in all its glory
Christopher Smith, managing director of Roddons Housing Association, added: “This development provides much needed affordable and sustainable homes in the Fenlands.
“Helping people to enhance their life chances, by providing great homes and creating sustainable communities is at the heart of what we do.
“We couldn’t have done it without our partners. I hope our residents are very happy in their new homes.”