Chatteris manufacturer Stainless Metalcraft recognised by nuclear decommissioning leader Sellafield Ltd for high standards
- Credit: Archant
A Fenland manufacturer has been recognised for its high standards by the UK leader in nuclear decommissioning, Sellafield Ltd, at a prestigious industry event in West Cumbria.
Stainless Metalcraft, of Chatteris, which builds stainless steel pressure vessels and fully insulated inconel melter crucibles for Sellafield Ltd, was awarded the Supplier Certification.
Vic Carlill, executive director of transformation and supply chain quality at Sellafield Ltd, said: “Stainless Metalcraft has demonstrated that it can operate and perform at the highest level and meet the nuclear industry’s stringent quality requirements, helping and supporting us in our mission to safely deliver decommissioning of the UK’s nuclear legacy.
“I’d like to congratulate the team on this achievement which will further strengthen the relationship between our two companies going forward.”
Austen Adams, managing director of Stainless Metalcraft, said: “Sellafield Ltd works with a number of large global companies, and we’re delighted to be presented with this certification in front some of the very best suppliers in the world.
You may also want to watch:
“To be singled out at their annual Supplier Forum for our quality and standards is a tremendous achievement for our 162-strong team, especially in an industry where safety is critical and suppliers have to be trusted to deliver to the highest standards at all times.”
- 1 'Amazing team work' at hospital's vaccination clinic
- 2 'Physically and mentally exhausted" Matt in plea to find missing beagle
- 3 Man suffers serious injuries after two-vehicle crash on A47
- 4 Sandbags available ahead as Storm Christoph arrives
- 5 Cops 'cash and carry' raid nets 108 cannabis plants and £100,000
- 6 High life ends for Bentley owning drug dealer
- 7 'Well, here's another nice mess you've gotten me into'
- 8 Fifteen flood alerts in place amid 'stay indoors' warning
- 9 Fishing park owners await green light to open third lake
- 10 Transgender rapist - with anatomy of a man- jailed for 15 years