Company set up to provide industrial units has gone bust
A COMPANY set up 10 years ago to provide industrial units for high tec companies in Fenland has gone bust.
A COMPANY set up 10 years ago to provide industrial units for hi-tech companies in Fenland has gone bust.
Hereward Innovation Centre in Hostmoor Avenue has been wound up following a hearing in the High Court in Manchester.
The company, which traded at 15 Hostmoor Avenue, had a lease on the building and then found tenants to fill individual units.
“They were only able to let two of them,” said Anthony Hannon, of the Government’s insolvency agency which is handling the liquidation.
You may also want to watch:
He said they had been informed the company had been unable to find sufficient tenants to pay the rent and so were unable to make the rental payments to the landlord.
The petition to wind up the company was presented by E.ON, the main creditor owed �17,000 for utility charges. Mr Hannon said he had interviewed Barry Muncaster, a principal shareholder in Hereward Innovation Centre, but it was too early to determine the level of debts.
- 1 ‘High risk’ paedophile had indecent images of children on his phone
- 2 Family remembers 'cheeky, friendly and well-liked' mechanic
- 3 Lack of public transport blamed for collapse of £10.5m training centre
- 4 Chatteris firm with £20m growth plan
- 5 Travellers move onto sports field forcing football to be cancelled
- 6 Hares hit five, Wisbech win, Whittlesey victorious as Drove triumph
- 7 It's a family affair as planners consider five luxury homes
- 8 Turners ‘massively impacted’ and Knowles up pay to hire HGV drivers
- 9 Police warn you may run but you can't hide from us
- 10 Three stores evacuated after suspect 'bomb scare'
“He’s effectively said the petition debt is the only debt but the landlord, of course, may have a different debt,” said Mr Hannon.
Mr Hannon will be contacting the landlord to see if there are arrears and the possibility is the lease could be surrendered or other action taken under the Insolvency Act.
Hereward Innovation Centre, which has gone bust. 9898BP610