Company set up to provide industrial units has gone bust
A COMPANY set up 10 years ago to provide industrial units for high tec companies in Fenland has gone bust.
A COMPANY set up 10 years ago to provide industrial units for hi-tech companies in Fenland has gone bust.
Hereward Innovation Centre in Hostmoor Avenue has been wound up following a hearing in the High Court in Manchester.
The company, which traded at 15 Hostmoor Avenue, had a lease on the building and then found tenants to fill individual units.
“They were only able to let two of them,” said Anthony Hannon, of the Government’s insolvency agency which is handling the liquidation.
You may also want to watch:
He said they had been informed the company had been unable to find sufficient tenants to pay the rent and so were unable to make the rental payments to the landlord.
The petition to wind up the company was presented by E.ON, the main creditor owed �17,000 for utility charges. Mr Hannon said he had interviewed Barry Muncaster, a principal shareholder in Hereward Innovation Centre, but it was too early to determine the level of debts.
- 1 Suspected paedophile, 61, arrested in front of thousands on live video
- 2 Bullying and insider trader claims pile up against former deputy leader
- 3 Hundreds go bargain hunting in the sun at first car boot since lockdown
- 4 Three derelict cottages ‘would make an ideal renovation project’
- 5 Residents urged to take twice-weekly rapid Covid-19 tests
- 6 Empty Wisbech shop earmarked for slots and bingo
- 7 Cheers! Busy first weekend back for pub post-lockdown
- 8 Dramatic drop in face-to-face GP appointments
- 9 High Sheriff of Cambridgeshire honoured with new role
- 10 Fen farm on more than 200 acres of land up for sale for £2.2million
“He’s effectively said the petition debt is the only debt but the landlord, of course, may have a different debt,” said Mr Hannon.
Mr Hannon will be contacting the landlord to see if there are arrears and the possibility is the lease could be surrendered or other action taken under the Insolvency Act.
Hereward Innovation Centre, which has gone bust. 9898BP610