Company set up to provide industrial units has gone bust
A COMPANY set up 10 years ago to provide industrial units for high tec companies in Fenland has gone bust.
A COMPANY set up 10 years ago to provide industrial units for hi-tech companies in Fenland has gone bust.
Hereward Innovation Centre in Hostmoor Avenue has been wound up following a hearing in the High Court in Manchester.
The company, which traded at 15 Hostmoor Avenue, had a lease on the building and then found tenants to fill individual units.
“They were only able to let two of them,” said Anthony Hannon, of the Government’s insolvency agency which is handling the liquidation.
He said they had been informed the company had been unable to find sufficient tenants to pay the rent and so were unable to make the rental payments to the landlord.
The petition to wind up the company was presented by E.ON, the main creditor owed �17,000 for utility charges. Mr Hannon said he had interviewed Barry Muncaster, a principal shareholder in Hereward Innovation Centre, but it was too early to determine the level of debts.
- 1 Students in Cambridgeshire receive ‘fantastic’ A-level results
- 2 Friend pays tribute to 'kind-hearted' 20-year-old who died in bike crash
- 3 Head of sixth form at Sir Harry Smith ‘incredibly proud’ of students' A-level results
- 4 Florida Ice Effect phenomenon could put drivers at risk
- 5 New reservoir could secure region's water supply - but will cost over £1bn
- 6 'Do not eat' - Lidl recalls product over bacteria fears
- 7 Cyclists call bicycle plates and insurance 'unenforceable and unworkable'
- 8 Local MPs in talks with Anglian Water over new reservoir
- 9 Police 'increasingly concerned' for man missing since early hours yesterday
- 10 Ramsey fire-fighters refill Horse Pond with water to save fish
“He’s effectively said the petition debt is the only debt but the landlord, of course, may have a different debt,” said Mr Hannon.
Mr Hannon will be contacting the landlord to see if there are arrears and the possibility is the lease could be surrendered or other action taken under the Insolvency Act.
Hereward Innovation Centre, which has gone bust. 9898BP610