Company set up to provide industrial units has gone bust
A COMPANY set up 10 years ago to provide industrial units for high tec companies in Fenland has gone bust.
A COMPANY set up 10 years ago to provide industrial units for hi-tech companies in Fenland has gone bust.
Hereward Innovation Centre in Hostmoor Avenue has been wound up following a hearing in the High Court in Manchester.
The company, which traded at 15 Hostmoor Avenue, had a lease on the building and then found tenants to fill individual units.
“They were only able to let two of them,” said Anthony Hannon, of the Government’s insolvency agency which is handling the liquidation.
He said they had been informed the company had been unable to find sufficient tenants to pay the rent and so were unable to make the rental payments to the landlord.
The petition to wind up the company was presented by E.ON, the main creditor owed �17,000 for utility charges. Mr Hannon said he had interviewed Barry Muncaster, a principal shareholder in Hereward Innovation Centre, but it was too early to determine the level of debts.
- 1 Second river crash in a week as driver escapes injury
- 2 A47 near Wisbech set to close for seven weekends due to roadworks
- 3 Father and son accused of man's murder set to stand trial this summer
- 4 Farmer wins appeal to convert derelict barn into a house
- 5 New cops truck catches out law-breaking drivers in successful week
- 6 Jail for suspected hare courser who forced cars off road during police pursuit
- 7 Council to spend a penny or two from £8.4m 'pot' on new loos
- 8 Man set to stand trial accused of teen daughter's murder
- 9 56-bed care home backers revise access proposals
- 10 Two suffer serious injuries after A10 crash
“He’s effectively said the petition debt is the only debt but the landlord, of course, may have a different debt,” said Mr Hannon.
Mr Hannon will be contacting the landlord to see if there are arrears and the possibility is the lease could be surrendered or other action taken under the Insolvency Act.
Hereward Innovation Centre, which has gone bust. 9898BP610