EAST CAMBS BUSINESS AWARDS: Jigsaw Dance Company, Stretham, wins Judges Award
- Credit: Archant
Jigsaw Dance Company, of Stretham, received special recognition by taking home the Judges Award.
The dance studio, led by Stephanie Stevens, offers sessions for dance, musical theatre and gymnastics.
It has a competition group which is community funded and competes nationally in cheerleading, hip hop and jazz.
Jigsaw also offers many opportunities to get together socially and performs at charity events too.
The judges said: “Stephanie Stevens and her team of coaches exhibit a passion for dance and strive to make it available to a broad age range from two-and-a-half to Adult.
You may also want to watch:
“Classes are offered in many dance disciplines including hip hop, jazz, gymnastics, pom and cheer and the trophy cabinet is brimming with recent awards.
“The business has major growth ambition both locally and nationally but prides itself on being a community friendly organisation, regularly raising funds for charitable organisations and providing entertainment at local events.
- 1 Crash boy's mum says he's 'badly shaken but OK'
- 2 Chief executive takes 'personal oversight' of inquiry into deputy leader's farm tenancy
- 3 Former Top Gear star Rory Reid spotted filming with Lamborghini
- 4 Covid-19 numbers in Fenland higher than rest of county
- 5 Rapist on bail performed magic tricks for police and security guard
- 6 Council books seven hotels and guest houses for homeless
- 7 Max and Chloe become pioneers of community housing success in Cambs village
- 8 Welcome to Whittlesey - the new UK hotspot for kite surfing?
- 9 Transgender rapist - with anatomy of a man- jailed for 15 years
- 10 Care home 'requires improvement' after unannounced visit
“Stephanie provides one scholarship a year for a member who shows potential and commitment.
“It is apparent that once part of the group members learn about life values, team work and learn skills that in-still confidence and a sense of achievement.
“Jigsaw Dance Company is truly the worthy winner of this year’s Judges Award.”