EAST CAMBS BUSINESS AWARDS: Jigsaw Dance Company, Stretham, wins Judges Award
- Credit: Archant
Jigsaw Dance Company, of Stretham, received special recognition by taking home the Judges Award.
The dance studio, led by Stephanie Stevens, offers sessions for dance, musical theatre and gymnastics.
It has a competition group which is community funded and competes nationally in cheerleading, hip hop and jazz.
Jigsaw also offers many opportunities to get together socially and performs at charity events too.
The judges said: “Stephanie Stevens and her team of coaches exhibit a passion for dance and strive to make it available to a broad age range from two-and-a-half to Adult.
“Classes are offered in many dance disciplines including hip hop, jazz, gymnastics, pom and cheer and the trophy cabinet is brimming with recent awards.
“The business has major growth ambition both locally and nationally but prides itself on being a community friendly organisation, regularly raising funds for charitable organisations and providing entertainment at local events.
- 1 Drug-driver killed co-worker on B1101 Elm Road in March
- 2 Man, 28, and boy, 15, arrested after major A1101 crash in Wisbech
- 3 Village road closing for five weeks for temporary barrier installation
- 4 Breakup and burglary! Couple's chaos after £101m win on Euromillions
- 5 Jailed: 58-year-old burglar who stole £57,000 BMW M4 in Wisbech
- 6 Long queues at Peterborough passport office ahead of holiday season
- 7 Shoplifter, 33, who assaulted woman is on the run
- 8 Council bans use of agricultural land to extend garden
- 9 Former Baptist chapel to be turned into four-bedroom house
- 10 Knife-wielding teen jailed after week-long crime spree in Wisbech
“Stephanie provides one scholarship a year for a member who shows potential and commitment.
“It is apparent that once part of the group members learn about life values, team work and learn skills that in-still confidence and a sense of achievement.
“Jigsaw Dance Company is truly the worthy winner of this year’s Judges Award.”