EAST CAMBS BUSINESS AWARDS: Yarn on the Square wins Retailer of the Year award
- Credit: Archant
Yarn on the Square won the Retailer of the Year award after embracing the need for unique window displays and social media.
Owners Christine Brown and Ginette Heard have been trading for five years most recently from premises in Ely’s Market Place, and specialise in quality yarns and wools for the knitting and crochet markets.
A comprehensive programme of classes and workshops are offered introducing consumers to new techniques and skills.
The judges said: “Since starting the business turnover has increased year on year with the business embracing the need for interesting retail sales techniques from unique window displays and a workable floor layout to harnessing technology in the form of a Facebook group with a monthly downloadable pattern concept.
“Christine and Ginette host regular groups at their shop and speak at event and exhibitions to keep the business profile high.”
You may also want to watch:
The Queen’s Shoes
- 1 Man charged with murder of woman in her 70s
- 2 Murder suspect is victim's son
- 3 Widow of High Court judge, 77, charged with historical sexual abuse
- 4 Commuter chaos as van blaze causes miles of congestion
- 5 Firefighters attempted to resuscitate suspected murder victim
- 6 'Unreasonable behaviour' means Steve must pay council's costs of failed appeal
- 7 Suspected drink lorry driver threw whiskey and wine bottle from cab
- 8 Count admits he 'must carry personally' some blame for losses
- 9 Police forensics team begin search after death of woman in her 70s
- 10 Man arrested on suspicion of murder after death of woman in her 70s
Clare Ashmeade has sourced a stunning collection of shoes and handbags, in bright colours and the softest leathers, from across Europe. There is also a range of designer costume jewellery at the Witchford business.