EAST CAMBS BUSINESS AWARDS: Yarn on the Square wins Retailer of the Year award
- Credit: Archant
Yarn on the Square won the Retailer of the Year award after embracing the need for unique window displays and social media.
Owners Christine Brown and Ginette Heard have been trading for five years most recently from premises in Ely’s Market Place, and specialise in quality yarns and wools for the knitting and crochet markets.
A comprehensive programme of classes and workshops are offered introducing consumers to new techniques and skills.
The judges said: “Since starting the business turnover has increased year on year with the business embracing the need for interesting retail sales techniques from unique window displays and a workable floor layout to harnessing technology in the form of a Facebook group with a monthly downloadable pattern concept.
“Christine and Ginette host regular groups at their shop and speak at event and exhibitions to keep the business profile high.”
You may also want to watch:
The Queen’s Shoes
- 1 Residents told 'not to approach' illegal encampment
- 2 Father murders daughter’s ex-partner in 'frenzied' multiple knife attack
- 3 Abandoned mooring could cost £50,000 to replace, says council
- 4 March Town mark long-awaited step five return with opening day defeat
- 5 Sweet Caroline and a dodgy knee - review of Olly Murs at Newmarket Nights
- 6 Blush crowned best bridal shop in Cambs
- 7 Drug dealer hid £130,000 at home
- 8 Teenager, 16, threatened young couple with screwdriver in park
- 9 Lorry driver who died in B1085 crash named
- 10 30,000 watch Facebook confrontation of alleged paedophile
Clare Ashmeade has sourced a stunning collection of shoes and handbags, in bright colours and the softest leathers, from across Europe. There is also a range of designer costume jewellery at the Witchford business.