EAST CAMBS BUSINESS AWARDS: Yarn on the Square wins Retailer of the Year award
- Credit: Archant
Yarn on the Square won the Retailer of the Year award after embracing the need for unique window displays and social media.
Owners Christine Brown and Ginette Heard have been trading for five years most recently from premises in Ely’s Market Place, and specialise in quality yarns and wools for the knitting and crochet markets.
A comprehensive programme of classes and workshops are offered introducing consumers to new techniques and skills.
The judges said: “Since starting the business turnover has increased year on year with the business embracing the need for interesting retail sales techniques from unique window displays and a workable floor layout to harnessing technology in the form of a Facebook group with a monthly downloadable pattern concept.
“Christine and Ginette host regular groups at their shop and speak at event and exhibitions to keep the business profile high.”
The Queen’s Shoes
- 1 Man who ran 'fly-tippers paradise’ faces £32,000 bill
- 2 Back garden log cabin needs permission says council
- 3 Cambridgeshire man stabbed partner in the neck while she held their baby
- 4 Pupils tell Ofsted school so good they don't want to leave
- 5 Three dogs including pregnant Jack Russell stolen from Wimpole kennels
- 6 Long queues at Peterborough passport office ahead of holiday season
- 7 100th birthday for Clovelly House resident
- 8 Change of plan for A142 Mepal bridge works as July closures announced
- 9 March set to light a beacon for Platinum Jubilee
- 10 Drug driver attacked man with metal pole and spat at police
Clare Ashmeade has sourced a stunning collection of shoes and handbags, in bright colours and the softest leathers, from across Europe. There is also a range of designer costume jewellery at the Witchford business.