Ely bar up for sale as owner moves into retirement
- Credit: Archant
A POPULAR bar and snooker venue in Ely has been put up for sale this week.
Deans, in Newnham Street, is on the market for a guide price of £395,000.
Nadine Smith, owner of Deans, said: “I will be sorry to leave Deans after 29 years. However, I’m now a grandmother and I feel the need to retire, as my family now takes more of a priority than my business life.
“Despite the recession, Deans is still a very good business with plenty of scope to develop the events and functions, especially with the introduction of a catering offering.
“It remains unaffected and we will continue to take new bookings and honour all existing ones. In the meantime, it’s business as usual and I am sure Deans will prove to be a lovely business for its new owners who may do another 29 years too.”
Deans was originally a cinema before becoming a snooker club and, latterly, a bar and snooker venue. It also offers catering for functions, events and parties.
John Grace, associate director at Christie + Co, which is handling this sale, said: “Deans has been owned and operated by our client since 1984 and has adapted to the changing needs and demands of its customers. It previously traded as a snooker/pool facility, but was transformed into a growing function, events venue and bar business.”
- 1 Man taken to hospital with serious injuries after B1098 crash
- 2 Cambridgeshire individual diagnosed with Covid-19 Omicron variant
- 3 Multiple emergency services at scene after B1098 crash
- 4 Four charged with modern slavery crimes on one woman
- 5 Tributes paid to 'beloved husband' killed crossing road
- 6 Man who died in St Neots crash is named
- 7 Trainspotters catch Duchess of Sutherland whistling through Fens
- 8 Dental practice plan move to industrial park
- 9 Woman in court over town pub burglary
- 10 When are Royal Mail's last posting dates for Christmas 2021?