Ely bar up for sale as owner moves into retirement
- Credit: Archant
A POPULAR bar and snooker venue in Ely has been put up for sale this week.
Deans, in Newnham Street, is on the market for a guide price of £395,000.
Nadine Smith, owner of Deans, said: “I will be sorry to leave Deans after 29 years. However, I’m now a grandmother and I feel the need to retire, as my family now takes more of a priority than my business life.
“Despite the recession, Deans is still a very good business with plenty of scope to develop the events and functions, especially with the introduction of a catering offering.
“It remains unaffected and we will continue to take new bookings and honour all existing ones. In the meantime, it’s business as usual and I am sure Deans will prove to be a lovely business for its new owners who may do another 29 years too.”
You may also want to watch:
Deans was originally a cinema before becoming a snooker club and, latterly, a bar and snooker venue. It also offers catering for functions, events and parties.
John Grace, associate director at Christie + Co, which is handling this sale, said: “Deans has been owned and operated by our client since 1984 and has adapted to the changing needs and demands of its customers. It previously traded as a snooker/pool facility, but was transformed into a growing function, events venue and bar business.”
- 1 161-mile trip from Yorkshire to Fen village ends in Covid breach fine
- 2 Dad's emotional tribute after baby son dies in A10 horror crash
- 3 Green light for off-licence despite objections
- 4 'Eccentric traveller' to ride Penny-Farthing from London to Paris
- 5 More than 60 fines issued to Covid rulebreakers in Cambs this year
- 6 All staff and residents at Chatteris care home now vaccinated against Covid
- 7 Council chief executive accused of 'indifference' over Covid-19 response
- 8 Van crashes into pram, killing five month old baby
- 9 MP wants an end to floods misery in the Fens
- 10 County council ploughs £3.4m into farm deal