Ely farm business consultant Brown & Co expanding its Single Payment Scheme online application service
- Credit: Archant
FARM business consultant Brown & Co is expanding its Single Payment Scheme online application service, offering more farmers a quick, low-cost alternative to traditional paper claims.
The service will also help farmers gain experience of online application, which could become compulsory within a couple of years, says consultant Tim Young of Brown & Co’s Ely office.
“We are offering a two-level approach to any farmer who would like help, not just existing clients,” Mr Young said.
“The first option is form-filling only, useful to those farmers who have all their data in place but are unable to apply online, perhaps because they don’t have the expertise or broadband availability.
“The second option would involve Brown & Co completing the application, but also adding our advice and recommendations and checking that all the information is correct.
You may also want to watch:
“This would suit new applicants or those who have bought or rented extra land where several transfers of entitlement are likely to complicate the process.”
Farmers likely to encounter the key pitfalls might also benefit.
- 1 'Amazing team work' at hospital's vaccination clinic
- 2 'Physically and mentally exhausted" Matt in plea to find missing beagle
- 3 Man suffers serious injuries after two-vehicle crash on A47
- 4 Cops 'cash and carry' raid nets 108 cannabis plants and £100,000
- 5 Sandbags available ahead as Storm Christoph arrives
- 6 'Well, here's another nice mess you've gotten me into'
- 7 ‘Boris should try to fill in the forms if he thinks they’re so simple’
- 8 Rough sleepers helped from tents pitched on private land
- 9 Fifteen flood alerts in place amid 'stay indoors' warning
- 10 High life ends for Bentley owning drug dealer
A typical medium sized farm with few complications would expect to pay the minimum £350 charge for the form-filling service, while a bigger farm needing a lot of advice would pay more.