Ely firm Ellgia Recycling invests in fleet and latest safety tech
- Credit: Archant
Ely-based Ellgia Recycling has invested in a new state of the art waste truck that will help keep cyclists safe.
Ellgia, a leading provider of bespoke commercial waste management solutions, has invested in the new trade vehicle, which will service its commercial customers in Cambridge and Newmarket.
The new truck is fitted with the latest weighing equipment to enable Ellgia to give its customers the most accurate details of their waste products, as well as new safety technology.
Steve Crook, managing director at Ellgia, said: “It is fitted with up-to-the-minute cycle safety tech – the system comprises an illuminated sign and speaker to alert cyclists and vulnerable road users when a vehicle is turning left. It also has an optional sequencing sensor that alerts the driver when a cyclist or pedestrian is approaching.”
Ellgia has invested across the business as part of a commitment to safe and compliant operations, while delivering the highest level of service to its customers.
The company was set up in 2011 and makes waste management simple and cost-effective for its customers. It operates an innovative ‘pay-by-weight’ solution, using the latest container weighing and identification technology to ensure that customers only pay for what they dispose of.
It accurately records information including: waste type and weight; location details; date and time; container size and type.
- 1 Man, 28, dies after truck and lorries crash on A47
- 2 £150,000 splashpad to open in Wisbech
- 3 Two combine harvesters catch fire in under 12 hours
- 4 NHS staff praised for ‘virtually eliminating’ long waiting times
- 5 Driver cleared by reason of insanity over death of Louis Thorold
- 6 Discount store expanding making it ‘bigger and better for customers’
- 7 Unauthorised encampments across Cambs a 'tricky issue' says Police and Crime Commissioner
- 8 Drought officially declared in East Anglian region
- 9 Salesman Stephen who 'has a smile every day' marks 45 years at firm
- 10 How you can treat and prevent heatstroke in your pets
At the heart of its success is the development of bespoke solutions that meet the needs of each of its customers, whether they are a very small business or large enterprise with operations in the East of England.