Ely firm Ellgia Recycling invests in fleet and latest safety tech
- Credit: Archant
Ely-based Ellgia Recycling has invested in a new state of the art waste truck that will help keep cyclists safe.
Ellgia, a leading provider of bespoke commercial waste management solutions, has invested in the new trade vehicle, which will service its commercial customers in Cambridge and Newmarket.
The new truck is fitted with the latest weighing equipment to enable Ellgia to give its customers the most accurate details of their waste products, as well as new safety technology.
Steve Crook, managing director at Ellgia, said: “It is fitted with up-to-the-minute cycle safety tech – the system comprises an illuminated sign and speaker to alert cyclists and vulnerable road users when a vehicle is turning left. It also has an optional sequencing sensor that alerts the driver when a cyclist or pedestrian is approaching.”
Ellgia has invested across the business as part of a commitment to safe and compliant operations, while delivering the highest level of service to its customers.
You may also want to watch:
The company was set up in 2011 and makes waste management simple and cost-effective for its customers. It operates an innovative ‘pay-by-weight’ solution, using the latest container weighing and identification technology to ensure that customers only pay for what they dispose of.
It accurately records information including: waste type and weight; location details; date and time; container size and type.
- 1 Residents told 'not to approach' illegal encampment
- 2 Father murders daughter’s ex-partner in 'frenzied' multiple knife attack
- 3 Abandoned mooring could cost £50,000 to replace, says council
- 4 March Town mark long-awaited step five return with opening day defeat
- 5 Drug dealer hid £130,000 at home
- 6 Sweet Caroline and a dodgy knee - review of Olly Murs at Newmarket Nights
- 7 Blush crowned best bridal shop in Cambs
- 8 Lorry driver who died in B1085 crash named
- 9 Alleged paedophile released on bail
- 10 Teenager, 16, threatened young couple with screwdriver in park
At the heart of its success is the development of bespoke solutions that meet the needs of each of its customers, whether they are a very small business or large enterprise with operations in the East of England.