Ely Gin chosen to be served on board Britannia – the UK’s largest super liner for the British market
- Credit: Archant
A drink created and distilled in Ely is set to be served on the prestigious new cruise line Britannia.
Ely Dark Chocolate Gin has been selected for the Great British Gin Menu on board Britannia, the biggest superliner ever built for the British market. She’ll be officially launched next month.
The Ely Gin Company has been chosen as P&O Cruises say it is one of the finest artisan gins in the UK
The Ely Gin Company began trading in 2012 at the Saturday market in Ely, three years on, and following rapid growth, the company now trades nationwide and is looking at opportunities overseas.
The gin is one of just 20 being offered and will be used for signature cocktails, gin tasting sessions – or simply to enjoy with tonic, ice and a slice.
Britannia is known as the food and drink cruise ship and the Ely Gin will be served in the Crows Nest.
P&O Cruises marketing director Christopher Edgington said: “The recent surge in the popularity of gin has seen a huge rise in the number of craft gin makers setting up business. The Great British Gin Menu on board Britannia reflects the increasing popularity of this quintessentially British drink and celebrates the success of these artisan distillers.”
- 1 Three March locals win £30k each on Postcode Lottery
- 2 Council calls for return to mask wearing as Covid soars
- 3 Man assaulted partner and police officers in March
- 4 Carnival lights up village as sports day marks 100 years
- 5 Police officer dismissed for breaching bail conditions
- 6 Arsonist started fire in Wisbech care home
- 7 Steve Barclay becomes Health Secretary following shock resignations
- 8 DVLA issues urgent warning to drivers in UK
- 9 Covid sweeps across Cambridgeshire as summer wave takes hold
- 10 Man repeatedly stabbed nine-year-old boy in 'random attack'
Britannia is the biggest ship built for the British cruise market, and will offer a sophisticated, contemporary holiday experience across health and beauty, shopping and entertainment with a strong focus on dining.