Ely Gin chosen to be served on board Britannia – the UK’s largest super liner for the British market
- Credit: Archant
A drink created and distilled in Ely is set to be served on the prestigious new cruise line Britannia.
Ely Dark Chocolate Gin has been selected for the Great British Gin Menu on board Britannia, the biggest superliner ever built for the British market. She’ll be officially launched next month.
The Ely Gin Company has been chosen as P&O Cruises say it is one of the finest artisan gins in the UK
The Ely Gin Company began trading in 2012 at the Saturday market in Ely, three years on, and following rapid growth, the company now trades nationwide and is looking at opportunities overseas.
The gin is one of just 20 being offered and will be used for signature cocktails, gin tasting sessions – or simply to enjoy with tonic, ice and a slice.
Britannia is known as the food and drink cruise ship and the Ely Gin will be served in the Crows Nest.
P&O Cruises marketing director Christopher Edgington said: “The recent surge in the popularity of gin has seen a huge rise in the number of craft gin makers setting up business. The Great British Gin Menu on board Britannia reflects the increasing popularity of this quintessentially British drink and celebrates the success of these artisan distillers.”
- 1 Village shop hit by ram raiders
- 2 F1 fan Magdalena bids to land 'once in a lifetime' chance
- 3 Motorcyclist in serious condition after A142 tractor crash
- 4 A47 near Wisbech set to close for seven weekends due to roadworks
- 5 Teenager was ‘acting in self-defence’ when stamping on boy’s head
- 6 Second river crash in a week as driver escapes injury
- 7 Father and son accused of man's murder set to stand trial this summer
- 8 New cops truck catches out law-breaking drivers in successful week
- 9 Sex offender who 'wiped internet history' jailed for breaching court orders
- 10 Jail for suspected hare courser who forced cars off road during police pursuit
Britannia is the biggest ship built for the British cruise market, and will offer a sophisticated, contemporary holiday experience across health and beauty, shopping and entertainment with a strong focus on dining.