Ely Gin chosen to be served on board Britannia – the UK’s largest super liner for the British market
- Credit: Archant
A drink created and distilled in Ely is set to be served on the prestigious new cruise line Britannia.
Ely Dark Chocolate Gin has been selected for the Great British Gin Menu on board Britannia, the biggest superliner ever built for the British market. She’ll be officially launched next month.
The Ely Gin Company has been chosen as P&O Cruises say it is one of the finest artisan gins in the UK
The Ely Gin Company began trading in 2012 at the Saturday market in Ely, three years on, and following rapid growth, the company now trades nationwide and is looking at opportunities overseas.
The gin is one of just 20 being offered and will be used for signature cocktails, gin tasting sessions – or simply to enjoy with tonic, ice and a slice.
You may also want to watch:
Britannia is known as the food and drink cruise ship and the Ely Gin will be served in the Crows Nest.
P&O Cruises marketing director Christopher Edgington said: “The recent surge in the popularity of gin has seen a huge rise in the number of craft gin makers setting up business. The Great British Gin Menu on board Britannia reflects the increasing popularity of this quintessentially British drink and celebrates the success of these artisan distillers.”
- 1 Spectators to be 'kept well away' when 85m chimneys come down
- 2 Retrospective bid for travellers' site
- 3 Council road sweeper vehicle involved in collision with car
- 4 Duke's death in midst of unprecedented times for country
- 5 Residents escape kitchen fire after bank holiday blaze
- 6 Fenland line-up for Cambridgeshire elections
- 7 Former homeless recreate ‘Lunch atop a Skyscraper’ photograph
- 8 Cambridgeshire mourns death of HRH Prince Philip, The Duke of Edinburgh
- 9 Christine prepares to brave the shave for cancer-battling sister
- 10 Person hit by train between Cambridge and Ely
Britannia is the biggest ship built for the British cruise market, and will offer a sophisticated, contemporary holiday experience across health and beauty, shopping and entertainment with a strong focus on dining.