End of the road for Littleport furniture store
- Credit: Archant
A FURNITURE and home furnishings outlet in Littleport is set to close its doors, with the owners citing difficult trading conditions.
The Home, located on the Saxon Business Park, opened to the public in 2009 but became embroiled in a lengthy planning row with East Cambridgeshire District Council, which claimed it had breached planning permission.
Both sides claimed victory following a visit from the Planning Inspectorate but the outlet continued to operate, even opening its own coffee shop in store last year.
But, in the four years since opening, trading conditions have continued to be tough and the decision was taken to close the store.
On its website, the business announced: “It is with much regret we have to inform you that as from April 30, The Home will be closing down. To carry on trading in the current climate is becoming increasingly difficult each year and after much consideration we have found it necessary to make this decision.
You may also want to watch:
“Your custom has been very much appreciated and we sincerely thank you for all the support throughout the years. We are having a closing down sale with 30 per cent off everything that does not already have 30 per cent or more off the original prices.”
- 1 Mother sends warning over 'disgraceful' care of six-year-old daughter
- 2 Students dare to dream of England Lionesses spot after trial success
- 3 Aquapark boss hits back at threat of enforcement
- 4 7 of the prettiest villages to visit in East Cambs and Fenland
- 5 Man killed in Estover Road motorbike crash named by police
- 6 Two drink drivers lose their licences
- 7 Man jailed for abusive rampage against ex-partner
- 8 March lorry and cyclist collision: Eye-witness saw ‘boy laid in the road’
- 9 Live updates as cyclist is ‘hit by lorry’ near March secondary school
- 10 7 places to avoid the crowds in Cambs this summer