End of the road for Littleport furniture store
- Credit: Archant
A FURNITURE and home furnishings outlet in Littleport is set to close its doors, with the owners citing difficult trading conditions.
The Home, located on the Saxon Business Park, opened to the public in 2009 but became embroiled in a lengthy planning row with East Cambridgeshire District Council, which claimed it had breached planning permission.
Both sides claimed victory following a visit from the Planning Inspectorate but the outlet continued to operate, even opening its own coffee shop in store last year.
But, in the four years since opening, trading conditions have continued to be tough and the decision was taken to close the store.
On its website, the business announced: “It is with much regret we have to inform you that as from April 30, The Home will be closing down. To carry on trading in the current climate is becoming increasingly difficult each year and after much consideration we have found it necessary to make this decision.
“Your custom has been very much appreciated and we sincerely thank you for all the support throughout the years. We are having a closing down sale with 30 per cent off everything that does not already have 30 per cent or more off the original prices.”
- 1 Man taken to hospital with serious injuries after B1098 crash
- 2 Multiple emergency services at scene after B1098 crash
- 3 Cambridgeshire individual diagnosed with Covid-19 Omicron variant
- 4 Four charged with modern slavery crimes on one woman
- 5 Trainspotters catch Duchess of Sutherland whistling through Fens
- 6 Tributes paid to 'beloved husband' killed crossing road
- 7 Man who died in St Neots crash is named
- 8 Dental practice plan move to industrial park
- 9 Woman in court over town pub burglary
- 10 When are Royal Mail's last posting dates for Christmas 2021?