Everything on track for Primark to open at Queensgate before Christmas
THIS November sees the anticipated arrival of retail giant Primark at Queensgate, as part of a �20 million investment by Hammerson and Aviva, the joint centre owners.
The project entails a 930m2 extension, to make way for the store which will occupy one of the largest units in Queensgate, showcased over two impressive floors.
Phil Drinkwater, marketing manager at Queensgate said: “We are happy to report that work on the Primark project is going according to plan. We are well advanced in terms of the initial demolition work and the steel framework for the first level of the extension is already near completion.
“This means we are all set to complete the building work in July, ready for Primark to begin their very latest state-of-the-art shopfit.
“All in all, everything is on schedule for Primark to open this November as planned, just in time for the busy Christmas trading period.”
For more information, visit queensgate-shopping.co.uk
- 1 Family pleased with 'huge reaction' thanks to charity Christmas lights
- 2 Leslie 'faster, fitter, happier' after losing 10 stone in four months
- 3 Family escape 'devastating fire' that ripped through home
- 4 Multiple emergency services at scene after B1098 crash
- 5 Man taken to hospital with serious injuries after B1098 crash
- 6 Isabella, 10, impresses to win top prize ahead of Whittlesey Extravaganza
- 7 House fire that killed two children will not have further electrical checks
- 8 'Wide range of people' will benefit from village homes, say developers
- 9 Trainspotters catch Duchess of Sutherland whistling through Fens
- 10 Primary school plans for new town take step forward