Farmers collect some free advice thanks to local accountants Moore Thompson
FARMERS in the East of England were able to pick up some free advice on how to ensure their business thrives in tough times and remains in good shape to be passed on to the next generation, during a free seminar in Spalding earlier this month.
Moore Thompson Chartered Accountants, property and business consultants Brown & Co and Roythornes Solicitors teamed up to stage the seminar, “Succeeding in a Challenging Environment… for the Next Generation.”
Experts from all three firms gave presentations, with Moore Thompson discussing the latest general tax news, Brown & Co presenting on EU agricultural policy, good farm business management practices, diversification and renewable energy and Roythornes covering inheritance tax matters.
John Hayes, MP for South Holland and the Deepings, also lent his support to the event and concluded the evening with a presentation on current policy issues including food security, migrant labour, the impact of the recession and future economic opportunities.
The event took place on Thursday, November 11, at the South Holland Centre in Spalding, with around 80 invited guests coming along to hear the speakers’ views.
You may also want to watch:
Moore Thompson partner Andrew Heskin said: “After several years of poor farming profits, prospects are now looking brighter, but it is important for everyone in the industry to keep on top of the financial side of their business.
“By ensuring they pay the correct amount of tax, manage their business professionally and undertake proper inheritance tax planning, farmers can ensure their business is as profitable as possible and can be handed onto their successors in good shape.”
- 1 ‘You now have s**t on your face,’ objector to planning scheme told
- 2 Suspected drink-driver, 41, arrested after tip-off from resident
- 3 Man who died in road crash is named
- 4 Police thank eagle-eyed motorist for being ‘right place, right time’
- 5 DJ, 11, branded 'an inspiration' after winning top award
- 6 Suspected paedophile, 61, arrested in live Facebook video stream
- 7 Photographer amazed by praise thanks to stunning images of space
- 8 Reporter shares mid-treatment stages of teeth transformation
- 9 Entrepreneurs’ lockdown invention wins big at London competition
- 10 Man, 53, found in 'possession of knife' in Queensgate Shopping Centre
For more information, please contact Moore Thompson in Spalding on 01775 711333, in Wisbech on 01945 465767 or in Market Deeping on 01778 380850, or visit www.moorethompson.co.uk.