Fenland accountancy firm to develop a ‘centre of excellence’ after joining Corporate Finance Network
A FENLAND accountancy firm has joined a national network that provides SME-specific expertise required for deals of up to �3million.
Whiting and Partners’ affiliation to the Corporate Finance Network is regarded as an important development for the firm, which has 130 staff in March and at seven other locations across Cambridgeshire, Suffolk and Norfolk.
The move reinforces the firm’s focus on small and medium enterprises (SMEs). It already has well-developed experience in the sector and provides clients with a realistic approach to business planning.
Chris Kelly, heads of the firm’s corporate finance team, said: “Joining The Corporate Finance Network is important because not all accountants have the knowledge and expertise required to handle deals up to �3million.
“It will give us an edge and help us to develop a centre of excellence in providing finance solutions and formalise our service standards.”
Whiting & Partners’ specialist group will be supported by members of the Corporate Finance Network’s executive team. Its expertise extends from owner-managed businesses aiming at commercial acquisition and includes due-diligence investigations, business planning, exit strategies and securing finance.
Kirsty McGregor, chairman of the Corporate Finance Network, said: “Our members are regarded as experts in their regions for obtaining the most appropriate finance for businesses and for buying as well as selling companies with a transaction value of less than �3million.
- 1 Cambridgeshire man stabbed partner in the neck while she held their baby
- 2 Pupils tell Ofsted school so good they don't want to leave
- 3 Drug driver attacked man with metal pole and spat at police
- 4 Man who ran 'fly-tippers paradise’ faces £32,000 bill
- 5 March set to light a beacon for Platinum Jubilee
- 6 Change of plan for A142 Mepal bridge works as July closures announced
- 7 Explained: What the cost of living support package means for you
- 8 100th birthday for Clovelly House resident
- 9 Every household in the UK to get £400 to help with rising energy bills
- 10 My boss, the Prime Minister, is not a liar, says MP Steve Barclay
“The number of firms who can advise SME clients in this highly specialised arena is limited. We believe that Whiting & Partners is ideally placed to take advantage of the growth in the Eastern Region and can provide a high quality and dedicated alternative to national and other regional firms.”