Fenland accountancy firm Whiting & Partners to host annual farming seminar in Ely
- Credit: Archant
Farmers and agriculture professionals from across East Anglia will attend an annual seminar hosted by Fenland accountancy firm Whiting & Partners.
The seminar, next Monday at the Maltings, in Ely, is titled Prospects for UK and will be led by Richard King of business farm consultancy Andersons.
It will cover a number of hot agricultural topics including prospects for the under-pressure milk sector which has seen an exodus of dairy farmers as they struggle to make money from milk production.
Other key areas include the financial health of UK farming and agriculture’s true place in the wider economy.
Andrew Band, of Whiting & Partners (March), expects the seminar to be well-supported coming hard on the heels of the 2015 budget.
You may also want to watch:
He said: “There are factors in the chancellor’s budget statement which impact on the farming community from taxation, competitiveness, rural development and, above all, Common Agricultural Policy reform.”
The seminar runs from 9.30am-1pm. To attend, contact Barbara Cattini on 01353 662595 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org
- 1 Quiz-loving duo win BBC game show hosted by Bradley Walsh and Holly Willoughby
- 2 AN APOLOGY: The Gables in Chatteris
- 3 7 of the prettiest villages to visit in East Cambs and Fenland
- 4 Eagle-eyed plane spotter saves pilot's life
- 5 Alternative banking available as local branch closes
- 6 Historic hotel opens doors after lockdown transformation
- 7 9 never to be forgotten moments from Cambridgeshire politicians
- 8 Mother sends warning over 'disgraceful' care of six-year-old daughter
- 9 Pink Cadillacs, sports cars and a VW Beetle: Students arrive in style for their leavers' prom
- 10 Man killed in Estover Road motorbike crash named by police