Fenland accountancy firm Whiting & Partners to host annual farming seminar in Ely
- Credit: Archant
Farmers and agriculture professionals from across East Anglia will attend an annual seminar hosted by Fenland accountancy firm Whiting & Partners.
The seminar, next Monday at the Maltings, in Ely, is titled Prospects for UK and will be led by Richard King of business farm consultancy Andersons.
It will cover a number of hot agricultural topics including prospects for the under-pressure milk sector which has seen an exodus of dairy farmers as they struggle to make money from milk production.
Other key areas include the financial health of UK farming and agriculture’s true place in the wider economy.
Andrew Band, of Whiting & Partners (March), expects the seminar to be well-supported coming hard on the heels of the 2015 budget.
You may also want to watch:
He said: “There are factors in the chancellor’s budget statement which impact on the farming community from taxation, competitiveness, rural development and, above all, Common Agricultural Policy reform.”
The seminar runs from 9.30am-1pm. To attend, contact Barbara Cattini on 01353 662595 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org
- 1 Owner's desperate plea - and £500 reward - to find missing dog
- 2 MP visits hospital about to become centre of Covid-19 vaccine rollout
- 3 Transgender rapist - with anatomy of a man- jailed for 15 years
- 4 Rugby club fears vendetta after vandals strike again
- 5 'Big red key' used by cops in dawn raid on suspected drug dealers
- 6 Ditch crash victim seriously injured
- 7 Nitrous oxide canisters no laughing matter say Fenland police
- 8 Vaccine roll-out begins, 12 hours a day, seven days a week
- 9 Homes 'siloed on edge of village like old-style council estate'
- 10 Tributes to 'loving, kind family man' and community stalwart