Fenland accountancy firm Whiting & Partners to host annual farming seminar in Ely
- Credit: Archant
Farmers and agriculture professionals from across East Anglia will attend an annual seminar hosted by Fenland accountancy firm Whiting & Partners.
The seminar, next Monday at the Maltings, in Ely, is titled Prospects for UK and will be led by Richard King of business farm consultancy Andersons.
It will cover a number of hot agricultural topics including prospects for the under-pressure milk sector which has seen an exodus of dairy farmers as they struggle to make money from milk production.
Other key areas include the financial health of UK farming and agriculture’s true place in the wider economy.
Andrew Band, of Whiting & Partners (March), expects the seminar to be well-supported coming hard on the heels of the 2015 budget.
He said: “There are factors in the chancellor’s budget statement which impact on the farming community from taxation, competitiveness, rural development and, above all, Common Agricultural Policy reform.”
The seminar runs from 9.30am-1pm. To attend, contact Barbara Cattini on 01353 662595 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org
- 1 Grandmother paralysed by Covid slowly improving, judge told
- 2 Boxing club 'absolutely gutted' as mass brawl abandons show
- 3 Live music, over 100 stalls and fair rides as Christmas market returns
- 4 Thief will spend Christmas in prison after breaching court order
- 5 Owner left excited as town's 'heirloom' features on I'm A Celebrity trial
- 6 Drug dealers operating the ‘Marlo’ and ‘Star’ lines have been jailed
- 7 Staff threatened with sledgehammer in armed robbery at St Neots jewellers
- 8 Rail passengers urged to plan ahead of vital junction rebuild
- 9 Gill ready to 'give fans a show' amid European title frustration
- 10 One arrest and cars seized on busy day for cops