Fenland accountancy firm Whiting & Partners to host annual farming seminar in Ely
- Credit: Archant
Farmers and agriculture professionals from across East Anglia will attend an annual seminar hosted by Fenland accountancy firm Whiting & Partners.
The seminar, next Monday at the Maltings, in Ely, is titled Prospects for UK and will be led by Richard King of business farm consultancy Andersons.
It will cover a number of hot agricultural topics including prospects for the under-pressure milk sector which has seen an exodus of dairy farmers as they struggle to make money from milk production.
Other key areas include the financial health of UK farming and agriculture’s true place in the wider economy.
Andrew Band, of Whiting & Partners (March), expects the seminar to be well-supported coming hard on the heels of the 2015 budget.
You may also want to watch:
He said: “There are factors in the chancellor’s budget statement which impact on the farming community from taxation, competitiveness, rural development and, above all, Common Agricultural Policy reform.”
The seminar runs from 9.30am-1pm. To attend, contact Barbara Cattini on 01353 662595 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org
- 1 ‘You now have s**t on your face,’ objector to planning scheme told
- 2 Suspected drink-driver, 41, arrested after tip-off from resident
- 3 Man who died in road crash is named
- 4 Police thank eagle-eyed motorist for being ‘right place, right time’
- 5 DJ, 11, branded 'an inspiration' after winning top award
- 6 Suspected paedophile, 61, arrested in live Facebook video stream
- 7 Photographer amazed by praise thanks to stunning images of space
- 8 Reporter shares mid-treatment stages of teeth transformation
- 9 Entrepreneurs’ lockdown invention wins big at London competition
- 10 Man, 53, found in 'possession of knife' in Queensgate Shopping Centre