Fenland-based builders Kier Eastern celebrate top East of England business award
WORKERS at Wisbech-based contractor Kier Eastern are celebrating after the construction firm was highly commended at a top awards ceremony.
Kier Eastern picked up a Highly Commended award in the London Stansted Business Team Volunteering category in the Business in the Community East of England 2011 Awards for Excellence.
The awards - held to celebrate companies having a positive impact on the community - were attended by almost 350 businesses from across the region.
Business in the Community regional director, Mike Brophy, said: “I congratulate Kier Eastern on its award this year. There is a significant amount of business-community engagement happening across the region and the work that Kier Eastern undertakes is a good example.
“Responsible business is not new and many best practice examples exist already, but the operational environment has changed and there is a real need for an increase in scale that would create long-term meaningful change for the better.
You may also want to watch:
“The companies that have collected awards this year have stepped up to the plate and are a shining example for other organisations to follow.”
- 1 The Chase contestant from Cambs labelled ‘most stunning’ in show’s history
- 2 'Eccentric traveller' to ride Penny-Farthing from London to Paris
- 3 Green light for off-licence despite objections
- 4 More than 60 fines issued to Covid rulebreakers in Cambs this year
- 5 161-mile trip from Yorkshire to Fen village ends in Covid breach fine
- 6 Dad's emotional tribute after baby son dies in A10 horror crash
- 7 Council chief executive accused of 'indifference' over Covid-19 response
- 8 Road closed and residents without water due to burst water main
- 9 All staff and residents at Chatteris care home now vaccinated against Covid
- 10 Van crashes into pram, killing five month old baby