Fenland-based builders Kier Eastern celebrate top East of England business award
WORKERS at Wisbech-based contractor Kier Eastern are celebrating after the construction firm was highly commended at a top awards ceremony.
Kier Eastern picked up a Highly Commended award in the London Stansted Business Team Volunteering category in the Business in the Community East of England 2011 Awards for Excellence.
The awards - held to celebrate companies having a positive impact on the community - were attended by almost 350 businesses from across the region.
Business in the Community regional director, Mike Brophy, said: “I congratulate Kier Eastern on its award this year. There is a significant amount of business-community engagement happening across the region and the work that Kier Eastern undertakes is a good example.
“Responsible business is not new and many best practice examples exist already, but the operational environment has changed and there is a real need for an increase in scale that would create long-term meaningful change for the better.
You may also want to watch:
“The companies that have collected awards this year have stepped up to the plate and are a shining example for other organisations to follow.”
- 1 Suspected paedophile, 61, arrested in front of thousands on live video
- 2 Bullying and insider trader claims pile up against former deputy leader
- 3 Hundreds go bargain hunting in the sun at first car boot since lockdown
- 4 Three derelict cottages ‘would make an ideal renovation project’
- 5 Residents urged to take twice-weekly rapid Covid-19 tests
- 6 Dramatic drop in face-to-face GP appointments
- 7 Cheers! Busy first weekend back for pub post-lockdown
- 8 Police officer sacked for racially abusing colleague at Christmas party
- 9 High Sheriff of Cambridgeshire honoured with new role
- 10 Empty Wisbech shop earmarked for slots and bingo