Fenland-based builders Kier Eastern celebrate top East of England business award
WORKERS at Wisbech-based contractor Kier Eastern are celebrating after the construction firm was highly commended at a top awards ceremony.
Kier Eastern picked up a Highly Commended award in the London Stansted Business Team Volunteering category in the Business in the Community East of England 2011 Awards for Excellence.
The awards - held to celebrate companies having a positive impact on the community - were attended by almost 350 businesses from across the region.
Business in the Community regional director, Mike Brophy, said: “I congratulate Kier Eastern on its award this year. There is a significant amount of business-community engagement happening across the region and the work that Kier Eastern undertakes is a good example.
“Responsible business is not new and many best practice examples exist already, but the operational environment has changed and there is a real need for an increase in scale that would create long-term meaningful change for the better.
You may also want to watch:
“The companies that have collected awards this year have stepped up to the plate and are a shining example for other organisations to follow.”
- 1 Residents told 'not to approach' illegal encampment
- 2 Father murders daughter’s ex-partner in 'frenzied' multiple knife attack
- 3 Abandoned mooring could cost £50,000 to replace, says council
- 4 March Town mark long-awaited step five return with opening day defeat
- 5 Sweet Caroline and a dodgy knee - review of Olly Murs at Newmarket Nights
- 6 Blush crowned best bridal shop in Cambs
- 7 Drug dealer hid £130,000 at home
- 8 Teenager, 16, threatened young couple with screwdriver in park
- 9 Lorry driver who died in B1085 crash named
- 10 30,000 watch Facebook confrontation of alleged paedophile