Fenland Business Awards sponsor Larkfleet Group leads way in cutting CO2 footprint
AS a locally-based builder and developer, Larkfleet Group is well-placed to help local authorities and communities respond to the new government’s policy agenda in planning, development and housing provision that is promoting ‘localism’ and abandoning ‘top down’ planning regimes.
Larkfleet Homes, part of the Larkfleet Group, builds both affordable social housing and a wide range of homes for open-market sale. The company is leading the way in reducing the carbon footprint of new homes, building houses for sale that are more energy efficient than those of any other builder operating in this area.
As a local company, Larkfleet employs local people – not only directly but through a large number of local sub-contractors and suppliers. The company purchases many materials and products for its homes from Eco Building Products, a local company set up to support ‘green building’.
At present, Larkfleet Group is providing job opportunities as part of the Future Jobs Fund initiative, working with ‘The Healthy Hub’ in Lincoln to support local young people who have been out of work for 26 weeks or more.
Eight youngsters have been placed in jobs within the Larkfleet Group or its sub-contractors. After this time, the company is committed to trying to keep as many as possible in full-time, permanent employment.
You may also want to watch:
The company is proud of the real and lasting partnerships with local authorities, housing associations and suppliers.
- 1 Quiz-loving duo win BBC game show hosted by Bradley Walsh and Holly Willoughby
- 2 AN APOLOGY: The Gables in Chatteris
- 3 Eagle-eyed plane spotter saves pilot's life
- 4 7 of the prettiest villages to visit in East Cambs and Fenland
- 5 Historic hotel opens doors after lockdown transformation
- 6 9 never to be forgotten moments from Cambridgeshire politicians
- 7 Alternative banking available as local branch closes
- 8 Mother sends warning over 'disgraceful' care of six-year-old daughter
- 9 Man killed in Estover Road motorbike crash named by police
- 10 Motor cyclist killed in March crash