Fenland business celebrates first overseas order as ‘Online Playgrounds’ proves a success
STAFF at a Fenland business are celebrating after they received their first order from Italy.
Fenland Leisure Products Ltd, based in Christchurch, specialise in selling playground equipment through an online portal - after setting up their e-commerce division “Online Playgrounds” three years ago.
Andrew Sparrow, the company’s managing director said he was delighted that they had started to make an impact overseas.
He said: “We have seen good growth in the UK over the last 12 months and hopefully we may now see some growth in Europe as well.
“It is always challenging starting something new, especially in the current trading climate. However, there are orders out there even if they come all the way from Italy.
You may also want to watch:
“The goods have already been dispatched from us and will arrive in Rome on Thursday.
“Fenland Leisure Products will be 20 years old in 2012 and to see one of our arms begin to show signs of development overseas is really quite an achievement.”
- 1 Heated dining pod and covered decking area at restaurant after garden makeover
- 2 £1.5 million food store creates 12 jobs
- 3 Fen farm on more than 200 acres of land up for sale for £2.2million
- 4 Organisers plan for low-key return of Chatteris Midsummer Festival
- 5 Man in critical condition after single-vehicle crash
- 6 Historian who wrote 126 books and spent 64 years bellringing dies aged 90
- 7 Salon owner grateful to be 'back doing what I love'
- 8 Podcast revisits the mysterious missing case of Terry McSpadden
- 9 Police hunt homemade go-kart ‘causing anti-social behaviour’
- 10 110-year-old church gates reappear following £400 makeover