Fenland business celebrates first overseas order as ‘Online Playgrounds’ proves a success
STAFF at a Fenland business are celebrating after they received their first order from Italy.
Fenland Leisure Products Ltd, based in Christchurch, specialise in selling playground equipment through an online portal - after setting up their e-commerce division “Online Playgrounds” three years ago.
Andrew Sparrow, the company’s managing director said he was delighted that they had started to make an impact overseas.
He said: “We have seen good growth in the UK over the last 12 months and hopefully we may now see some growth in Europe as well.
“It is always challenging starting something new, especially in the current trading climate. However, there are orders out there even if they come all the way from Italy.
“The goods have already been dispatched from us and will arrive in Rome on Thursday.
“Fenland Leisure Products will be 20 years old in 2012 and to see one of our arms begin to show signs of development overseas is really quite an achievement.”
- 1 Tributes paid to 'beloved husband' killed crossing road
- 2 Cambridgeshire individual diagnosed with Covid-19 Omicron variant
- 3 Princess Eugenie on mission to stop modern slavery
- 4 Fens business park goes to auction - for up to £700,000
- 5 Thousands descend on Chatteris as town lights up for Christmas
- 6 Happy Hares boss confident more progress is yet to come
- 7 Stolen caravans discovered on village site to relief of owners
- 8 Two-day operation to feature in episode four of TV series
- 9 Christmas at Wimpole illuminated trail sparks into life as countdown begins
- 10 Children among suspected hare coursers stopped in the Fens