Fenland business celebrates first overseas order as ‘Online Playgrounds’ proves a success
STAFF at a Fenland business are celebrating after they received their first order from Italy.
Fenland Leisure Products Ltd, based in Christchurch, specialise in selling playground equipment through an online portal - after setting up their e-commerce division “Online Playgrounds” three years ago.
Andrew Sparrow, the company’s managing director said he was delighted that they had started to make an impact overseas.
He said: “We have seen good growth in the UK over the last 12 months and hopefully we may now see some growth in Europe as well.
“It is always challenging starting something new, especially in the current trading climate. However, there are orders out there even if they come all the way from Italy.
You may also want to watch:
“The goods have already been dispatched from us and will arrive in Rome on Thursday.
“Fenland Leisure Products will be 20 years old in 2012 and to see one of our arms begin to show signs of development overseas is really quite an achievement.”
- 1 Residents told 'not to approach' illegal encampment
- 2 Father murders daughter’s ex-partner in 'frenzied' multiple knife attack
- 3 March Town mark long-awaited step five return with opening day defeat
- 4 Abandoned mooring could cost £50,000 to replace, says council
- 5 Did you go to Newmarket Nights? Spot yourself in our gallery
- 6 Sweet Caroline and a dodgy knee - review of Olly Murs at Newmarket Nights
- 7 Town rallies in fight for new hospital
- 8 Teenager, 16, threatened young couple with screwdriver in park
- 9 Drug dealer hid £130,000 at home
- 10 Blush crowned best bridal shop in Cambs