Fenland business leaders get chance to shape district’s skills agenda at Boathouse summit
BUSINESS leaders in Fenland have the chance to help shape the district’s skills agenda at a special summit this month.
The Fenland Skills Summit, set to take place at the Boathouse Business Centre, in Wisbech, on March 31, will give entrepreneurs the chance to voice the skills needs of their company.
Delegates will hear from Jaqui Fairfax, Managing Director of Commercial Utility Brokers, about her company’s commitment to recruiting locally and the benefits of sourcing Fenland’s talent.
In the afternoon a ‘Big Conversation’ will take place between businesses and post-16 students from across Fenland to discuss young people’s first experiences in the workplace.
The ‘Big Conversation’ will look at previous experiences of business and young people, the barriers and how to overcome them, and what has both succeeded and failed in the past.
You may also want to watch:
The summit is organised by Cambridgeshire County Council’s work-related learning services team, Fenland District Council’s economic development team, Fenland 14-19 Partnership and Cambridgeshire Chambers of Commerce.
It is sponsored by the Cambs Times, Business Link, the College of West Anglia and University Centre Peterborough.
- 1 MP visits hospital about to become centre of Covid-19 vaccine rollout
- 2 Transgender rapist - with anatomy of a man- jailed for 15 years
- 3 Owner's desperate plea - and £500 reward - to find missing dog
- 4 Rugby club fears vendetta after vandals strike again
- 5 'Big red key' used by cops in dawn raid on suspected drug dealers
- 6 Ditch crash victim seriously injured
- 7 Nitrous oxide canisters no laughing matter say Fenland police
- 8 Vaccine roll-out begins, 12 hours a day, seven days a week
- 9 Homes 'siloed on edge of village like old-style council estate'
- 10 Tributes to 'loving, kind family man' and community stalwart
• The seminar will take place from 10am-12.30pm with the ‘Big Conversation’ from 1.30-4pm. Attendance is free, however places must be booked in advance. For more information, contact Cambridgeshire Chambers of Commerce on 01733 370809 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org