Fenland coach company’s drivers rewarded for impeccable safety record
A CHATTERIS coach company is celebrating after its drivers were rewarded for their impeccable safety record.
Drivers at C&G Coaches, who cover around one million miles a year, have received a series of awards from the Road Operators Safety Council.
The firm have clocked up more than 240 blameworthy accident-free years between their 20 drivers. The three partners of the company - Carole Day, Graham Ellwood and Bob Day - have amassed 82 years free of blameworthy accidents by themselves.
Mrs Day said: “I’m absolutely delighted. Every year it’s getting better. We cover so many miles every year so we have a lot of exposure but we’ve still managed to stay safe. I’m very proud of our record.
“It’s great for our morale, it’s great for our passengers and our drivers get pride in their job. It really is a family company - we have fathers and sons working here.”
You may also want to watch:
C&G Coaches, which has a fleet of 25 luxury coaches, will celebrate 26 years in business next month.
The company’s drivers have been taking part in first aid training sessions led by Mile High Training of Upwell.
- 1 Pub closes as owners decide not to sell
- 2 Work starts on £3.16m apprenticeship training school
- 3 Customers report summerhouse builder to fraud investigators
- 4 Theatre group stalwart steps down after nine years
- 5 Yard sale raises over £1,400 from second annual event
- 6 Health chief’s stark warning: ‘The virus doesn’t care we changed the rules’
- 7 'Panicked' dangerous driver apologised after 90mph police pursuit
- 8 Father murders daughter’s ex-partner in 'frenzied' multiple knife attack
- 9 Residents told 'not to approach' illegal encampment
- 10 Medieval pottery unearthed at Cambs campsite
Mrs Day said: “We are thrilled with our staff’s efforts. We are a company who truly believe in the necessity to keep our drivers well trained, as we feel it enhances our service to our customers as well as promoting a sense of belonging for our staff.”