Fenland coach company’s drivers rewarded for impeccable safety record
A CHATTERIS coach company is celebrating after its drivers were rewarded for their impeccable safety record.
Drivers at C&G Coaches, who cover around one million miles a year, have received a series of awards from the Road Operators Safety Council.
The firm have clocked up more than 240 blameworthy accident-free years between their 20 drivers. The three partners of the company - Carole Day, Graham Ellwood and Bob Day - have amassed 82 years free of blameworthy accidents by themselves.
Mrs Day said: “I’m absolutely delighted. Every year it’s getting better. We cover so many miles every year so we have a lot of exposure but we’ve still managed to stay safe. I’m very proud of our record.
“It’s great for our morale, it’s great for our passengers and our drivers get pride in their job. It really is a family company - we have fathers and sons working here.”
C&G Coaches, which has a fleet of 25 luxury coaches, will celebrate 26 years in business next month.
The company’s drivers have been taking part in first aid training sessions led by Mile High Training of Upwell.
- 1 Arsonist firebombed GP surgery after doctors refused to give him heroin
- 2 Wembley debut 'a highlight of my career' for footballer Reece
- 3 March set to light a beacon for Platinum Jubilee
- 4 Drug-driver killed co-worker on B1101 Elm Road in March
- 5 Jon serves up a painting fit for Her Majesty
- 6 21st century agreement on future of 17th century pub
- 7 Village barn struck by arsonists in 4am blaze
- 8 Long queues at Peterborough passport office ahead of holiday season
- 9 Herts man charged with alleged attempted robbery at village Co-op
- 10 Shoplifter, 33, who assaulted woman is on the run
Mrs Day said: “We are thrilled with our staff’s efforts. We are a company who truly believe in the necessity to keep our drivers well trained, as we feel it enhances our service to our customers as well as promoting a sense of belonging for our staff.”