Fenland Council asked to help design,build and manage �850,000 riverside scheme in Lincs
FENLAND Council is set to seal an unusual deal with Lincolnshire County Council to help provide an �850,000 new riverside scheme at Sutton Bridge.
Under the terms of the agreement Fenland will help design and manage the scheme which involves creating small craft moorings downstream of the Cross Keys swing bridge.
Fenland Council, as the harbour authority, is being asked to provide day to day management whilst running the scheme in tandem with Wisbech Yacht Harbour.
“The advantage would be an economy of scale for Fenland Council linked to its existing facilities in Wisbech and efficiency gains,” said engineering services manager Trevor Watson.
He will tell Cabinet tomorrow (Thu) that whilst the scheme might offer an alternative to Wisbech, overall it could lead to more permanent berth occupation, more visitors, demand for ancillary services with the potential for regeneration and jobs.
You may also want to watch:
He also said Fenland would almost certainly be able to secure a low cost replacement to the harbour authority pilot station moorings they retain at Sutton bridge and which are coming to the end of their economic life.
Mr Watson said the scheme would go ahead with or without Fenland’s involvement but there were advantages for getting on board.
- 1 ‘You now have s**t on your face,’ objector to planning scheme told
- 2 Man who died in road crash is named
- 3 Reporter shares mid-treatment stages of teeth transformation
- 4 Suspected paedophile, 61, arrested in live Facebook video stream
- 5 Wright hopes overseas ace's return boosts March Town play-off hopes
- 6 Man, 53, found in 'possession of knife' in Queensgate Shopping Centre
- 7 Suspected drink-driver, 41, arrested after tip-off from resident
- 8 Police thank eagle-eyed motorist for being ‘right place, right time’
- 9 DJ, 11, branded 'an inspiration' after winning top award
- 10 Success after six year battle to get 21 homes approved on factory site
He also added that moorings for commercial craft at Sutton Bridge opened up scope for wind farm vessel berthing.