Fenland couple win right to convert lounge into function room for family gatherings
A FENLAND couple have won the right to convert their lounge into a function room for funerals, christenings and weddings.
Fenland District Council have granted permission for the owners of Beechwood House, in Dowgate Road, Leverington, to transform their living room into a commercial facility for small family gatherings.
The function room, which will hold a maximum of 40 people, will be open all week from 10.30am-8pm. There will be no loud music and surrounding doors will be kept locked to prevent customers from entering different rooms in the house.
The development has been masterminded by designers Peter Humphrey Associates, on behalf of a couple from Wisbech St Mary, who have more than 30 years of experience in the catering business.
A design and access statement said the applicants wished to “accommodate for small funerals, christenings, weddings and dinner parties.
You may also want to watch:
“Apart from the local public houses in the area there are no other facilities to accommodate for the above,” it claimed.
Permission has also been granted for a change to customer toilet facilities and variations to the access driveway.
- 1 Residents told 'not to approach' illegal encampment
- 2 Father murders daughter’s ex-partner in 'frenzied' multiple knife attack
- 3 Abandoned mooring could cost £50,000 to replace, says council
- 4 March Town mark long-awaited step five return with opening day defeat
- 5 Sweet Caroline and a dodgy knee - review of Olly Murs at Newmarket Nights
- 6 Blush crowned best bridal shop in Cambs
- 7 Drug dealer hid £130,000 at home
- 8 Teenager, 16, threatened young couple with screwdriver in park
- 9 Lorry driver who died in B1085 crash named
- 10 30,000 watch Facebook confrontation of alleged paedophile