FENLAND ENTERPRISE BUSINESS AWARDS: Deadline clock is ticking - so get your entries in now
- Credit: Archant
A LAST-minute surge to attract even more entries to our fifth Fenland Enterprise Business Awards has begun.
On Friday, October 11, an audience of finalists and sponsors from local businesses of all sizes, and with an attendance of up to 200, will celebrate the achievements of businesses within Fenland.
The awards are run by this newspaper in association with Fenland District Council.
Also supporting this year’s competition are Local Generation and Whiting & Partners, both supporters of the awards since their inception in 2009, Leeds Day Solicitors, Larkfleet Homes, Foster Property Maintenance and Foster Renewable Energies.
Editor John Elworthy said: “In some categories there has been a strong entry but we would like to see some others challenged more strongly.
You may also want to watch:
“The deadline is looming and we also appreciate some firms find it time consuming to set aside an hour or so to complete an entry.
“But I promise them that the rewards will amply justify their efforts.
- 1 BBC drama Casualty storyline to feature pelvic mesh implant scandal
- 2 Long-serving work couple leaving Fens for Nigeria to build care home
- 3 Aldi invites the public to share their views on new Whittlesey store
- 4 Woman threatened for not wearing mask describes fear for safety
- 5 Cheers to that! Businesses reopen as lockdown restrictions ease
- 6 Burglar's DNA linked to break in at Ramsey Royal British Legion Club
- 7 Primary school joins laureate's £100m-a-year bid to boost libraries
- 8 Spectators to be 'kept well away' when 85m chimneys come down
- 9 Council removes anti-Semitic graffiti in Ely
- 10 ‘Numerous’ number plate thefts reported to police across region
“Every time I speak to a previous winner of one of our awards they tell me they have benefited from being associated with the Fenland Enterprise Business Awards.”
Mr Elworthy said any individual or company needing help or advice on entering the awards is most welcome to call him in the coming days on 01354 661915.
“Times are tough so we can understand people’s reluctance to commit but I’d urge them to reconsider,” he said.
“Besides, there’s nothing to lose and everything to gain. And the finals night is a highlight of the Fenland year.”
This year, we have 13 awards up for grabs, 10 of which are open for entries. But the July 5 entry deadline looms large.
To enter a category, visit www.fenlandbusinessawards.co.uk