FENLAND ENTERPRISE BUSINESS AWARDS: Nickie Bantoft wins Women in Business Award
ACCOUNTANT Nickie Bantoft was the winner of the Women in Business Award – a category the judges described as “difficult to judge”.
Nickie, who formed Bantoft & Co of Wisbech two years ago, beat Amanda Carlin of amandacarlin.co.uk Ltd and Claire Lilley of Premier Properties to win the keenly-contested award.
Judges said all three finalists were worthy winners.
They said: “Nickie Bantoft started her accountancy business two years ago with just 10 clients, now she has built this up to more than 200.
“The growth of her business is due to her commitment to customer service and a sharp business focus.
“Nickie is a worthy winner in a competitive category.”
Nickie, who has more than 12 years experience in accountancy practices, said: “I was absolutely delighted and pleasantly surprised to win. My business won New Business of the year last year so to be recognised again is fantastic.
- 1 Cambridgeshire man stabbed partner in the neck while she held their baby
- 2 March set to light a beacon for Platinum Jubilee
- 3 Wembley debut 'a highlight of my career' for footballer Reece
- 4 Drug driver attacked man with metal pole and spat at police
- 5 Jon serves up a painting fit for Her Majesty
- 6 Village barn struck by arsonists in 4am blaze
- 7 Pupils tell Ofsted school so good they don't want to leave
- 8 Arsonist firebombed GP surgery after doctors refused to give him heroin
- 9 Change of plan for A142 Mepal bridge works as July closures announced
- 10 Long queues at Peterborough passport office ahead of holiday season
“It has given myself and everyone who works here a boost. You know you’re doing things right and it keeps you motivated.
“It was a great feeling to come to work the following Monday with the trophy - it has pride of place with the other awards in the office so we can look at it and see what we have achieved.”