FENLAND ENTERPRISE BUSINESS AWARDS: Nickie Bantoft wins Women in Business Award
ACCOUNTANT Nickie Bantoft was the winner of the Women in Business Award – a category the judges described as “difficult to judge”.
Nickie, who formed Bantoft & Co of Wisbech two years ago, beat Amanda Carlin of amandacarlin.co.uk Ltd and Claire Lilley of Premier Properties to win the keenly-contested award.
Judges said all three finalists were worthy winners.
They said: “Nickie Bantoft started her accountancy business two years ago with just 10 clients, now she has built this up to more than 200.
“The growth of her business is due to her commitment to customer service and a sharp business focus.
You may also want to watch:
“Nickie is a worthy winner in a competitive category.”
Nickie, who has more than 12 years experience in accountancy practices, said: “I was absolutely delighted and pleasantly surprised to win. My business won New Business of the year last year so to be recognised again is fantastic.
- 1 £1.5 million food store creates 12 jobs
- 2 Heated dining pod and covered decking area at restaurant after garden makeover
- 3 Fen farm on more than 200 acres of land up for sale for £2.2million
- 4 Organisers plan for low-key return of Chatteris Midsummer Festival
- 5 Historian who wrote 126 books and spent 64 years bellringing dies aged 90
- 6 Man in critical condition after single-vehicle crash
- 7 Podcast revisits the mysterious missing case of Terry McSpadden
- 8 Salon owner grateful to be 'back doing what I love'
- 9 Aldi invites the public to share their views on new Whittlesey store
- 10 110-year-old church gates reappear following £400 makeover
“It has given myself and everyone who works here a boost. You know you’re doing things right and it keeps you motivated.
“It was a great feeling to come to work the following Monday with the trophy - it has pride of place with the other awards in the office so we can look at it and see what we have achieved.”