FENLAND ENTERPRISE BUSINESS AWARDS: Nickie Bantoft wins Women in Business Award
ACCOUNTANT Nickie Bantoft was the winner of the Women in Business Award – a category the judges described as “difficult to judge”.
Nickie, who formed Bantoft & Co of Wisbech two years ago, beat Amanda Carlin of amandacarlin.co.uk Ltd and Claire Lilley of Premier Properties to win the keenly-contested award.
Judges said all three finalists were worthy winners.
They said: “Nickie Bantoft started her accountancy business two years ago with just 10 clients, now she has built this up to more than 200.
“The growth of her business is due to her commitment to customer service and a sharp business focus.
“Nickie is a worthy winner in a competitive category.”
Nickie, who has more than 12 years experience in accountancy practices, said: “I was absolutely delighted and pleasantly surprised to win. My business won New Business of the year last year so to be recognised again is fantastic.
- 1 Boxing club 'absolutely gutted' as mass brawl abandons show
- 2 One arrest and cars seized on busy day for cops
- 3 Mother pays tribute to “much-loved” son who died near Fen Drayton
- 4 Wenny Meadow home to rare 'false scorpions', says hidden report
- 5 Cambridgeshire's Enhanced Area Status extended amid Covid surge in schools
- 6 Live music, over 100 stalls and fair rides as Christmas market returns
- 7 Items from Lidl and Sainsbury's recalled over health and safety concerns
- 8 Thief will spend Christmas in prison after breaching court order
- 9 Motorbike set on fire in arson attack
- 10 Robber attempts to steal scratch card and alcohol from convenience store
“It has given myself and everyone who works here a boost. You know you’re doing things right and it keeps you motivated.
“It was a great feeling to come to work the following Monday with the trophy - it has pride of place with the other awards in the office so we can look at it and see what we have achieved.”