FENLAND ENTERPRISE BUSINESS AWARDS: Tourism Award will praise companies that promote the wonders of the Fens
- Credit: Archant
BUSINESSES that go the extra mile and attract tourists to Fenland will be recognised at the 2013 Fenland Enterprise Business Awards.
The Tourism Award, a category which was introduced last year, is open to any business that actively promotes best practice and tourism within Fenland.
To enter, simply visit www.fenlandbusinessawards.co.uk and tell us how your business meets the following criteria:
• What services and/or facilities does your business offer to enhance the visitor experience for your guests?
• How does your business achieve and maintain quality customer service?
You may also want to watch:
• What is the distinctive difference compared to other businesses and how do you promote it to attract each of your target markets?
• What services do you offer to set your business apart from other visitor services providers?
- 1 Alternative banking available as local branch closes
- 2 Pink Cadillacs, sports cars and a VW Beetle: Students arrive in style for their leavers' prom
- 3 AN APOLOGY: The Gables in Chatteris
- 4 Mother sends warning over 'disgraceful' care of six-year-old daughter
- 5 7 of the prettiest villages to visit in East Cambs and Fenland
- 6 March lorry and cyclist collision: Eye-witness saw ‘boy laid in the road’
- 7 Hospitals temporarily reintroduce restrictions for visitors
- 8 Aquapark boss hits back at threat of enforcement
- 9 Man killed in Estover Road motorbike crash named by police
- 10 Chief honours those who went 'over and beyond' to protect public
The award was won last year by the Secret Garden Touring Park, in Wisbech, which judges described as “delightful”.
The camping and caravanning destination began trading in September 2010 from a private four-acre garden which has been developed to attract a wide range of wildlife.
The judges said: “The Secret Garden Touring Park is a delightful child, dog and adult friendly caravan and camping site.
“It has excellent visitor facilities, varied and abundant wildlife, a herd of charming rare breed pigs and will soon boast its own on-site brewery.
“This is a well-considered and excellent addition to the tourist attractions of the area and a worthy winner of the Tourism Award.”