Fenland estate agent subject of successful acquisition
- Credit: Archant
HARRISON Murray, an estate agent with branches in Wisbech, March and Chatteris, has been acquired by the Nottingham Building Society.
With its headquarters in Northampton, Harrison Murray currently has 18 locations spanning Leicestershire, Northamptonshire, Hertfordshire, Bedfordshire and Cambridgeshire.
The Nottingham Building Society is a mutual building society, with branches throughout Nottinghamshire, Lincolnshire, Derbyshire and South Yorkshire.
The acquisition will make it one of the largest estate agencies in the East Midlands with 32 branches.
Richard Medd, Corporate Partner at Browne Jacobson, who advised The Nottingham Building Society on the acquisition, said: “This exciting acquisition, along with the recently announced merger with Shepshed Building Society, demonstrates our client’s commitment to a prudent strategy for long term growth and will add a fresh dimension to its regional footprint and portfolio of customer services.
You may also want to watch:
“Both businesses have been strong performers in their own right and this latest deal will create a formidable force on the high street across the East Midlands and beyond.”
- 1 Pub closes as owners decide not to sell
- 2 Pub car park approved despite 13 residents' noise concerns
- 3 Stunning drone footage shows prom night in all its glory
- 4 Work starts on £3.16m apprenticeship training school
- 5 Yard sale raises over £1,400 from second annual event
- 6 Pub demolition decision deferred
- 7 'Panicked' dangerous driver apologises after 90mph police pursuit
- 8 Councillors praised for 'tireless' illegal encampment work
- 9 Rural theft cost Cambridgeshire £2 million in 2020
- 10 Father murders daughter’s ex-partner in 'frenzied' multiple knife attack