Fenland estate agent subject of successful acquisition
- Credit: Archant
HARRISON Murray, an estate agent with branches in Wisbech, March and Chatteris, has been acquired by the Nottingham Building Society.
With its headquarters in Northampton, Harrison Murray currently has 18 locations spanning Leicestershire, Northamptonshire, Hertfordshire, Bedfordshire and Cambridgeshire.
The Nottingham Building Society is a mutual building society, with branches throughout Nottinghamshire, Lincolnshire, Derbyshire and South Yorkshire.
The acquisition will make it one of the largest estate agencies in the East Midlands with 32 branches.
Richard Medd, Corporate Partner at Browne Jacobson, who advised The Nottingham Building Society on the acquisition, said: “This exciting acquisition, along with the recently announced merger with Shepshed Building Society, demonstrates our client’s commitment to a prudent strategy for long term growth and will add a fresh dimension to its regional footprint and portfolio of customer services.
You may also want to watch:
“Both businesses have been strong performers in their own right and this latest deal will create a formidable force on the high street across the East Midlands and beyond.”
- 1 Suspected paedophile, 61, arrested in front of thousands on live video
- 2 Bullying and insider trader claims pile up against former deputy leader
- 3 Hundreds go bargain hunting in the sun at first car boot since lockdown
- 4 Three derelict cottages ‘would make an ideal renovation project’
- 5 Residents urged to take twice-weekly rapid Covid-19 tests
- 6 Empty Wisbech shop earmarked for slots and bingo
- 7 Cheers! Busy first weekend back for pub post-lockdown
- 8 Dramatic drop in face-to-face GP appointments
- 9 High Sheriff of Cambridgeshire honoured with new role
- 10 Fen farm on more than 200 acres of land up for sale for £2.2million