Fenland man given long service award for 10 year stint at March based manufacturing business
THE longest serving employee of a March based business has been rewarded for his commitment to the company.
Paul Branchflower, Production Supervisor at Precision Component Manufacturing Limited (PCML), based at the Fenland Business Centre, was given gift vouchers and the Long Service Award by bosses for his 10 years of work.
One of the first five employees of the company, Mr Branchflower started in February 2001, six months after the company began trading. He said: “I really appreciate this recognition, it is certainly something PCML does not have to do, so it does means a great deal to me.
“I have been at PCML for over 10 years now and throughout this time have been given the chance to develop my skills and progress throughout the business. The support and opportunities available give everyone a real sense of being a key part of the company which is rewarding in itself.
“To receive an award that shows just how much our contribution is valued is a fantastic feeling.”
You may also want to watch:
The company which in its first year generated sales of less than �200,000, is now a multi-million pound turnover business supplying lead edge high technology sectors in the UK, China, Germany, Holland, North America and Switzerland.
Kevin Miller, Engineering Director said: “Our employees are our greatest asset, I am proud to be part of an organisation where staff truly enjoy working and offer their loyalty in this way.
- 1 Suspected paedophile, 61, arrested in front of thousands on live video
- 2 Bullying and insider trader claims pile up against former deputy leader
- 3 Hundreds go bargain hunting in the sun at first car boot since lockdown
- 4 Three derelict cottages ‘would make an ideal renovation project’
- 5 Residents urged to take twice-weekly rapid Covid-19 tests
- 6 Empty Wisbech shop earmarked for slots and bingo
- 7 Cheers! Busy first weekend back for pub post-lockdown
- 8 Dramatic drop in face-to-face GP appointments
- 9 High Sheriff of Cambridgeshire honoured with new role
- 10 Police officer sacked for racially abusing colleague at Christmas party
“We have been through some very challenging and exciting times particularly over the past few years; however our staff continues to give 100 per cent and Paul’s professional approach to his role in the business certainly helps to create a motivating environment.”
Gavin Goates, Commercial Director said: “We are delighted to be able to present Paul with his award for long service. A successful company, like PCML, can only be built on the drive and support of its employees and we are extremely appreciative to have such a hard working and dedicated team of employees continuing to help keep PCML a market leader.
“The fact that we have so many employees who have chosen to build their career at PCML also means we have an incredible amount of talent and knowledge under one roof. It is wonderful that people coming into the business can tap into this wealth of experience as we look to continuing future success.