Fenland man given long service award for 10 year stint at March based manufacturing business
THE longest serving employee of a March based business has been rewarded for his commitment to the company.
Paul Branchflower, Production Supervisor at Precision Component Manufacturing Limited (PCML), based at the Fenland Business Centre, was given gift vouchers and the Long Service Award by bosses for his 10 years of work.
One of the first five employees of the company, Mr Branchflower started in February 2001, six months after the company began trading. He said: “I really appreciate this recognition, it is certainly something PCML does not have to do, so it does means a great deal to me.
“I have been at PCML for over 10 years now and throughout this time have been given the chance to develop my skills and progress throughout the business. The support and opportunities available give everyone a real sense of being a key part of the company which is rewarding in itself.
“To receive an award that shows just how much our contribution is valued is a fantastic feeling.”
You may also want to watch:
The company which in its first year generated sales of less than �200,000, is now a multi-million pound turnover business supplying lead edge high technology sectors in the UK, China, Germany, Holland, North America and Switzerland.
Kevin Miller, Engineering Director said: “Our employees are our greatest asset, I am proud to be part of an organisation where staff truly enjoy working and offer their loyalty in this way.
- 1 MP visits hospital about to become centre of Covid-19 vaccine rollout
- 2 Transgender rapist - with anatomy of a man- jailed for 15 years
- 3 Owner's desperate plea - and £500 reward - to find missing dog
- 4 Rugby club fears vendetta after vandals strike again
- 5 'Big red key' used by cops in dawn raid on suspected drug dealers
- 6 Ditch crash victim seriously injured
- 7 Nitrous oxide canisters no laughing matter say Fenland police
- 8 Vaccine roll-out begins, 12 hours a day, seven days a week
- 9 Homes 'siloed on edge of village like old-style council estate'
- 10 Tributes to 'loving, kind family man' and community stalwart
“We have been through some very challenging and exciting times particularly over the past few years; however our staff continues to give 100 per cent and Paul’s professional approach to his role in the business certainly helps to create a motivating environment.”
Gavin Goates, Commercial Director said: “We are delighted to be able to present Paul with his award for long service. A successful company, like PCML, can only be built on the drive and support of its employees and we are extremely appreciative to have such a hard working and dedicated team of employees continuing to help keep PCML a market leader.
“The fact that we have so many employees who have chosen to build their career at PCML also means we have an incredible amount of talent and knowledge under one roof. It is wonderful that people coming into the business can tap into this wealth of experience as we look to continuing future success.