Fenland recycling and waste management company taken over by group which owns Glazewing
A RECYCLING and waste management company with key sites in Fenland has been taken over by the East Anglian group which owns Glazewing Ltd.
Valens Resources Group Plc of West Dereham, Norfolk, completed a deal to acquire the entire share capital of Singh (UK) for an undisclosed sum. Singh, which operates from March, Whittlesey and Peterborough will be re-branded to Glazewing in the near future.
Glazewing is a leading scrap metal and waste management company and already has a quayside port facility at Wisbech. It operates from a 10-acre site in West Dereham.
The company was formed in 1986 and employs around 80 staff. It has a turnover of roughly �20million.
Singh was established in 2001 when Raj Singh bought Ogden & Philips Skips from Michael Goakes. Mr Goakes bought the business from Fenland district councillor John Clark in the late 1990s and moved the business from Upwell Road, March, to its current home in Hostmoor Avenue.
You may also want to watch:
Singh employs around 50 staff and has a turnover of �5million. Mr Singh is a qualified barrister and since re-branding as Singh (formerly Raj Singh & Company) the company has taken over Huntingdon Skip Hire Ltd and Fenland Recycling.
The company’s sites at March and Peterborough are fully licensed transfer stations and recycling centres capable of processing up to 100,000 tonnes of inert, non hazardous and hazardous waste per annum.
- 1 Vaccine roll-out begins, 12 hours a day, seven days a week
- 2 Council offers reserved parking for elderly heading for Covid jab
- 3 Artist impressions of how Mepal will be transformed into a £6.5m crematorium
- 4 'Small number of Covid-19 deaths' at care home
- 5 Slimmer's life-changing weight loss story
- 6 Man, 39, convicted of assault on two HMRC officers by beating
- 7 Coronavirus test centre staff ‘receive abuse’ from angry motorists
- 8 Man attempts to smuggle MDMA tablets disguised as Mars Bar into jail
- 9 Tributes to 'loving, kind family man' and community stalwart
- 10 Dad of two killed on Fen road
Valens is owned by brothers Simon and Jon Miles who have developed a reputation for building up waste businesses and selling them on. They previously owned Polkacrest, a medical waste specialist based in the South East.