FENLANDER: More free workshops to help businesses make most of their websites
MORE free workshops are to be held for Fenland businesses on how to make the most of their websites. The offer follows two highly successful ones last month.
The workshops provide practical advice on ways to create more attractive web pages. They also give tips on techniques for boosting businesses’ online profile, including how to get their names higher up a Google search.
People from a wide range of businesses took advantage of the informal workshops at Hereward Hall, March, in July.
Led by an expert tutor from Bedford College, they highlighted the financial gains to be had from a top-quality website. They also emphasised how online improvements can help the environment by cutting down on mail and fuel consumption.
The support was made possible by a partnership between Fenland Green Business Club, Bedford College and Cambridgeshire County Council that had secured funding from the European Union.
You may also want to watch:
Last month’s participants included owners of a chip shop and a caravan park and staff from a gardening and DIY firm and a packaging company.
Their enthusiastic response has resulted in plans to repeat the two sessions on November 1 and November 16.
- 1 AN APOLOGY: The Gables in Chatteris
- 2 Quiz-loving duo win BBC game show hosted by Bradley Walsh and Holly Willoughby
- 3 Alternative banking available as local branch closes
- 4 7 of the prettiest villages to visit in East Cambs and Fenland
- 5 Eagle-eyed plane spotter saves pilot's life
- 6 Pink Cadillacs, sports cars and a VW Beetle: Students arrive in style for their leavers' prom
- 7 Mother sends warning over 'disgraceful' care of six-year-old daughter
- 8 Historic hotel opens doors after lockdown transformation
- 9 9 never to be forgotten moments from Cambridgeshire politicians
- 10 Aquapark boss hits back at threat of enforcement
Any business with fewer than 250 employees can book free places for the November workshops. To book. call Kat Von Glos on 01223 715950 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org