FENLANDER: More free workshops to help businesses make most of their websites
MORE free workshops are to be held for Fenland businesses on how to make the most of their websites. The offer follows two highly successful ones last month.
The workshops provide practical advice on ways to create more attractive web pages. They also give tips on techniques for boosting businesses’ online profile, including how to get their names higher up a Google search.
People from a wide range of businesses took advantage of the informal workshops at Hereward Hall, March, in July.
Led by an expert tutor from Bedford College, they highlighted the financial gains to be had from a top-quality website. They also emphasised how online improvements can help the environment by cutting down on mail and fuel consumption.
The support was made possible by a partnership between Fenland Green Business Club, Bedford College and Cambridgeshire County Council that had secured funding from the European Union.
Last month’s participants included owners of a chip shop and a caravan park and staff from a gardening and DIY firm and a packaging company.
Their enthusiastic response has resulted in plans to repeat the two sessions on November 1 and November 16.
- 1 Thousands descend on Chatteris as town lights up for Christmas
- 2 Pedestrian killed crossing road
- 3 'White van man' crashes into rail bridge
- 4 East Cambs Council bins green waste collections for seven weeks
- 5 Auditor who fell ill on eve of farmgate report not returning to council
- 6 Michaela’s horrific ordeal: ‘My partner threatened to slit my throat and bury me alive’
- 7 Check before you travel ahead of major upgrade, commuters warned
- 8 Health chiefs call for action amid rise in sexually transmitted infections
- 9 ‘We try to think outside the box’ - Alpacas pay a visit to care home
- 10 Young man dies on B645 near St Neots following a head-on crash
Any business with fewer than 250 employees can book free places for the November workshops. To book. call Kat Von Glos on 01223 715950 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org