FENLANDER: More free workshops to help businesses make most of their websites
MORE free workshops are to be held for Fenland businesses on how to make the most of their websites. The offer follows two highly successful ones last month.
The workshops provide practical advice on ways to create more attractive web pages. They also give tips on techniques for boosting businesses’ online profile, including how to get their names higher up a Google search.
People from a wide range of businesses took advantage of the informal workshops at Hereward Hall, March, in July.
Led by an expert tutor from Bedford College, they highlighted the financial gains to be had from a top-quality website. They also emphasised how online improvements can help the environment by cutting down on mail and fuel consumption.
The support was made possible by a partnership between Fenland Green Business Club, Bedford College and Cambridgeshire County Council that had secured funding from the European Union.
Last month’s participants included owners of a chip shop and a caravan park and staff from a gardening and DIY firm and a packaging company.
Their enthusiastic response has resulted in plans to repeat the two sessions on November 1 and November 16.
- 1 Cambridgeshire man stabbed partner in the neck while she held their baby
- 2 Drug driver attacked man with metal pole and spat at police
- 3 Pupils tell Ofsted school so good they don't want to leave
- 4 March set to light a beacon for Platinum Jubilee
- 5 Change of plan for A142 Mepal bridge works as July closures announced
- 6 Explained: What the cost of living support package means for you
- 7 Man who ran 'fly-tippers paradise’ faces £32,000 bill
- 8 Wembley debut 'a highlight of my career' for footballer Reece
- 9 100th birthday for Clovelly House resident
- 10 Every household in the UK to get £400 to help with rising energy bills
Any business with fewer than 250 employees can book free places for the November workshops. To book. call Kat Von Glos on 01223 715950 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org