FENLANDER: More free workshops to help businesses make most of their websites
MORE free workshops are to be held for Fenland businesses on how to make the most of their websites. The offer follows two highly successful ones last month.
The workshops provide practical advice on ways to create more attractive web pages. They also give tips on techniques for boosting businesses’ online profile, including how to get their names higher up a Google search.
People from a wide range of businesses took advantage of the informal workshops at Hereward Hall, March, in July.
Led by an expert tutor from Bedford College, they highlighted the financial gains to be had from a top-quality website. They also emphasised how online improvements can help the environment by cutting down on mail and fuel consumption.
The support was made possible by a partnership between Fenland Green Business Club, Bedford College and Cambridgeshire County Council that had secured funding from the European Union.
You may also want to watch:
Last month’s participants included owners of a chip shop and a caravan park and staff from a gardening and DIY firm and a packaging company.
Their enthusiastic response has resulted in plans to repeat the two sessions on November 1 and November 16.
- 1 Spectators to be 'kept well away' when 85m chimneys come down
- 2 Fenland line-up for Cambridgeshire elections
- 3 Council road sweeper vehicle involved in collision with car
- 4 Retrospective bid for travellers' site
- 5 Residents escape kitchen fire after bank holiday blaze
- 6 Videographer captures lifeboat hoist at town boatyard
- 7 12 exciting new businesses to discover when lockdown restrictions ease
- 8 Former homeless recreate ‘Lunch atop a Skyscraper’ photograph
- 9 Alligator-owning farmer stars in new Ross Kemp ITV documentary
- 10 Person hit by train between Cambridge and Ely
Any business with fewer than 250 employees can book free places for the November workshops. To book. call Kat Von Glos on 01223 715950 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org