Final call for entries for Fenland’s Business Awards 2016 - there’s still time to enter these prestigious awards
- Credit: Archant
Calling all Fenland businesses this is your last chance to enter the area’s premier awards that recognise our entrepreneurs, the firms and the people that make them great.
The deadline for entry is Wednesday July 6 at 5pm and there is a category for everyone, from apprentices, to employers, new businesses and companies large or small.
The full list is below along with the entry criteria so if you have not already entered then now is the time to get your forms in.
Among the categories include New Business of the Year, Customer Service Award and Retailer of the Year.
Retailer of the Year, is a new award for 2016, and recognises a businesses ability to sell is vital whether you have a shop front and/or online. This category will focus on sales performance, plus how the relationship between the business and the consumer is developed.
You may also want to watch:
• Outline of business
- 1 Van crashes into pram, killing five month old baby
- 2 Crash boy's mum says he's 'badly shaken but OK'
- 3 Chief executive takes 'personal oversight' of inquiry into deputy leader's farm tenancy
- 4 Covid-19 numbers in Fenland higher than rest of county
- 5 Dad has 'much more energy to run around' with son after losing four stone
- 6 Max and Chloe become pioneers of community housing success in Cambs village
- 7 Former Top Gear star Rory Reid spotted filming with Lamborghini
- 8 Rapist on bail performed magic tricks for police and security guard
- 9 Welcome to Whittlesey - the new UK hotspot for kite surfing?
- 10 Council books seven hotels and guest houses for homeless
• What distinguishes you from other retailers?
• What measures are in place to promote your business?
• How has your performance improved or exceeded expectations?
• What were the factors that influenced that performance?
New Business of the Year
This category is open to any company of any size, including sole traders that have been set up since January 1, 2015. The business does not have to be registered for VAT.
• State name of organisation, type of business activity, number of employees (if any), date of first trading
• Provide a summary of business plan to demonstrate the strength of business model, explain how the business has performed against that plan and how it has been modified to reflect changed economic circumstances
Customer Service Award
This category is open to any business no matter what sector. You will need to be able to demonstrate your customer service record and you are able to submit a maximum of five testimonials.
Please consider the following criteria when making your entry statement:
• Staff training – How do you train your staff in customer care?
• Testimonials – How do you collect comments/feedback? And is it visible to staff and customers?
• Analysis – How do you gauge feedback including complaints and how do you go about resolving any issues?
• Strategies – What strategies do you have in place to help staff deliver the best level of customer service?
The 2015 winners were of New Business of the Year were Black Cat Residential Property Ltd.
Judges said of them: “Wendy Ferguson and her team from Black Cat Residential displayed a near perfect way of how to start a business; passion for their industry, knowledge of their customer base and a determination to succeed.
“Wendy showed that in just 12 months she has been able to create a brand, employ local people and build a portfolio of clients that receive excellent customer service and confident management of their property transactions. Congratulations.”
The Customer Service Award went to A D Sutton Motor Engineers Ltd who were recognised by the judges for their “thorough staff training, first rate testimonials and exceptional customer care.”
All the firms shortlisted will be invited to a prestigious presentation evening at the Braza Club in March on September Friday 23.