Firm’s sponsorship help keeps kart racing club on track
- Credit: Archant
A March firm raced to help a local go-karting club struggling financially by sponsoring three heats at a recent championship event.
Wisbech and District Kart Racing Club hosted three heats of the British Championships earlier in the month when CUB UK stepped in to help finance the day’s racing.
Club chairman Martin Osborne explained: “The WDKRC is a smaller club in comparison to other charitable organisations. At present the club is struggling financially therefore support from commercial organisations such as CUB UK helps the club to survive.”
Louis Fairfax, CUB’s Managing Director added: “It is always good to support a local organisation especially one as long serving as the WDKRC and I can’t wait to get into a kart myself.”
As a thank-you Mr Fairfax and Matthew Plumb, CUB’s Relationship Manager, both got to try their hands at the fun sport.
You may also want to watch:
Mr Plumb said: “It was very kind and generous of the WDKRC to invite us along to give kart racing a try. It is something I have never tried before and was a bit apprehensive at first. Though when you get behind the wheel it is really fun and I didn’t want to stop.”
- 1 Rapist on bail performed magic tricks for police and security guard
- 2 Care home 'requires improvement' after unannounced visit
- 3 Jonathan Van Tam’s mum gets Covid-19 vaccination at Cambs clinic
- 4 Cops 'cash and carry' raid nets 108 cannabis plants and £100,000
- 5 Shoplifter jailed after stealing goods worth £1,600
- 6 'Amazing team work' at hospital's vaccination clinic
- 7 'Not a sprint, a marathon' cautions NHS staff in the Fens
- 8 Crossing company praised for using local workers and suppliers
- 9 'Physically and mentally exhausted" Matt in plea to find missing beagle
- 10 Welcome to Whittlesey - the new UK hotspot for kite surfing?