Firm’s sponsorship help keeps kart racing club on track
- Credit: Archant
A March firm raced to help a local go-karting club struggling financially by sponsoring three heats at a recent championship event.
Wisbech and District Kart Racing Club hosted three heats of the British Championships earlier in the month when CUB UK stepped in to help finance the day’s racing.
Club chairman Martin Osborne explained: “The WDKRC is a smaller club in comparison to other charitable organisations. At present the club is struggling financially therefore support from commercial organisations such as CUB UK helps the club to survive.”
Louis Fairfax, CUB’s Managing Director added: “It is always good to support a local organisation especially one as long serving as the WDKRC and I can’t wait to get into a kart myself.”
As a thank-you Mr Fairfax and Matthew Plumb, CUB’s Relationship Manager, both got to try their hands at the fun sport.
Mr Plumb said: “It was very kind and generous of the WDKRC to invite us along to give kart racing a try. It is something I have never tried before and was a bit apprehensive at first. Though when you get behind the wheel it is really fun and I didn’t want to stop.”
- 1 Live music, over 100 stalls and fair rides as Christmas market returns
- 2 Boxing club 'absolutely gutted' as mass brawl abandons show
- 3 Grandmother paralysed by Covid slowly improving, judge told
- 4 Thief will spend Christmas in prison after breaching court order
- 5 Owner left excited as town's 'heirloom' features on I'm A Celebrity trial
- 6 Drug dealers operating the ‘Marlo’ and ‘Star’ lines have been jailed
- 7 Staff threatened with sledgehammer in armed robbery at St Neots jewellers
- 8 Rail passengers urged to plan ahead of vital junction rebuild
- 9 Horse rider injured in crash on Ramsey Road in Warboys
- 10 One arrest and cars seized on busy day for cops