Firm’s sponsorship help keeps kart racing club on track
- Credit: Archant
A March firm raced to help a local go-karting club struggling financially by sponsoring three heats at a recent championship event.
Wisbech and District Kart Racing Club hosted three heats of the British Championships earlier in the month when CUB UK stepped in to help finance the day’s racing.
Club chairman Martin Osborne explained: “The WDKRC is a smaller club in comparison to other charitable organisations. At present the club is struggling financially therefore support from commercial organisations such as CUB UK helps the club to survive.”
Louis Fairfax, CUB’s Managing Director added: “It is always good to support a local organisation especially one as long serving as the WDKRC and I can’t wait to get into a kart myself.”
As a thank-you Mr Fairfax and Matthew Plumb, CUB’s Relationship Manager, both got to try their hands at the fun sport.
You may also want to watch:
Mr Plumb said: “It was very kind and generous of the WDKRC to invite us along to give kart racing a try. It is something I have never tried before and was a bit apprehensive at first. Though when you get behind the wheel it is really fun and I didn’t want to stop.”
- 1 Man, 53, found in 'possession of knife' in Queensgate Shopping Centre
- 2 Success after six year battle to get 21 homes approved on factory site
- 3 Suspected paedophile, 61, arrested in front of thousands on live video
- 4 MP praises 'fantastic' vaccine team after having Covid-19 jab
- 5 Here are your winners of the Pride of Whittlesey awards
- 6 Man who died in road crash is named
- 7 Hundreds go bargain hunting in the sun at first car boot since lockdown
- 8 Letters: Mayor's tribute, poem for a pigeon and letter release refusal
- 9 Matilda, 9, sold her dolls to raise money for charity close to her heart
- 10 Three derelict cottages ‘would make an ideal renovation project’