First time buyer from Chatteris wins �5,000 home makeover
A FIRST time buyer from Chatteris has got grand designs for his new house after winning a �5,000 home makeover.
Twenty-three year old Karl Walker, who lives in Meadow Close, Chatteris, won the prize after he secured his first mortgage from the Cambridge Building Society during a promotional campaign it ran in June.
Karl, an Operations Controller for gas and power operations company GMSL, in Cambridge, moved into his new home at the start of September.
He will be using the money to completely re-decorate the house, including brand new doors throughout, a custom built fitted wardrobe, new carpets and blinds.
“I’m absolutely delighted”, said Karl. “Not only did the Cambridge Building Society help me get a mortgage to buy my first home, but it’s also put me in a better financial position and given me the opportunity to blitz the house and have it decorated and furnished with brand new fixtures and fittings. It’s the perfect start.”
You may also want to watch:
The home improvements will be carried out by specialist property development consultants, B Stimson Property Solutions in St Ives, and are set to commence within the next couple of weeks.
The Cambridge Building Society, which has 19 branches in and around Cambridge has currently set aside �30 million to help boost the local housing market and help people buy homes in its latest mortgage campaign.
- 1 Suspected paedophile, 61, arrested in front of thousands on live video
- 2 Bullying and insider trader claims pile up against former deputy leader
- 3 Hundreds go bargain hunting in the sun at first car boot since lockdown
- 4 Three derelict cottages ‘would make an ideal renovation project’
- 5 Residents urged to take twice-weekly rapid Covid-19 tests
- 6 Empty Wisbech shop earmarked for slots and bingo
- 7 Cheers! Busy first weekend back for pub post-lockdown
- 8 Dramatic drop in face-to-face GP appointments
- 9 High Sheriff of Cambridgeshire honoured with new role
- 10 Fen farm on more than 200 acres of land up for sale for £2.2million
Mark Smitheringale, Head of Sales and Marketing at the building society, said: “We have mortgages available across the board for every type of borrower, and each application is considered on its own individual merits by one of our experts, rather than a computer.”
“With house prices in some parts of Cambridgeshire beginning to stabilise, now is a good time for first time buyers and we were particularly delighted to be able to help Karl take his first steps on the housing ladder and would like to congratulate him on winning our home makeover prize draw.”