Flags the way to do it: Littleport car firm hoping England motor into Euro 2012 semi final
LITTLEPORT car salesmen Alex Andrews and Trevor Bailey are doing their bit for Queen, football team and country by giving their cars a patriotic makeover.
More than 60 of the cars at LG car sales in Littleport have been adorned in England flags to support Roy Hodgson’s men in Ukraine while the reams of Union Jacks flying around the lot itself are a nod to the Diamond Jubilee.
Alex said: “Ideally we are looking to add a new row of flags for every round that England progressed so it has gone very well so far.
“It is quite a sight as you drive by on the bypass so hopefully it will help raise spirits and get people in a patriotic mood.
“The bunting has been up since the Diamond Jubilee and we have even had people coming in and asking if we would like to sell it on to them because apparently there is a real shortage at the moment.”
You may also want to watch:
LG is also running a Diamond Jubilee and European Championship manager’s special with discounts on dozens of their cars.
- 1 Quiz-loving duo win BBC game show hosted by Bradley Walsh and Holly Willoughby
- 2 AN APOLOGY: The Gables in Chatteris
- 3 Eagle-eyed plane spotter saves pilot's life
- 4 7 of the prettiest villages to visit in East Cambs and Fenland
- 5 Historic hotel opens doors after lockdown transformation
- 6 9 never to be forgotten moments from Cambridgeshire politicians
- 7 Alternative banking available as local branch closes
- 8 Mother sends warning over 'disgraceful' care of six-year-old daughter
- 9 Pink Cadillacs, sports cars and a VW Beetle: Students arrive in style for their leavers' prom
- 10 Man killed in Estover Road motorbike crash named by police