Flags the way to do it: Littleport car firm hoping England motor into Euro 2012 semi final
LITTLEPORT car salesmen Alex Andrews and Trevor Bailey are doing their bit for Queen, football team and country by giving their cars a patriotic makeover.
More than 60 of the cars at LG car sales in Littleport have been adorned in England flags to support Roy Hodgson’s men in Ukraine while the reams of Union Jacks flying around the lot itself are a nod to the Diamond Jubilee.
Alex said: “Ideally we are looking to add a new row of flags for every round that England progressed so it has gone very well so far.
“It is quite a sight as you drive by on the bypass so hopefully it will help raise spirits and get people in a patriotic mood.
“The bunting has been up since the Diamond Jubilee and we have even had people coming in and asking if we would like to sell it on to them because apparently there is a real shortage at the moment.”
You may also want to watch:
LG is also running a Diamond Jubilee and European Championship manager’s special with discounts on dozens of their cars.
- 1 Man, 53, found in 'possession of knife' in Queensgate Shopping Centre
- 2 Success after six year battle to get 21 homes approved on factory site
- 3 Suspected paedophile, 61, arrested in front of thousands on live video
- 4 MP praises 'fantastic' vaccine team after having Covid-19 jab
- 5 Here are your winners of the Pride of Whittlesey awards
- 6 Hundreds go bargain hunting in the sun at first car boot since lockdown
- 7 Letters: Mayor's tribute, poem for a pigeon and letter release refusal
- 8 Man who died in road crash is named
- 9 Three derelict cottages ‘would make an ideal renovation project’
- 10 Bullying and insider trader claims pile up against former deputy leader