Flags the way to do it: Littleport car firm hoping England motor into Euro 2012 semi final
LITTLEPORT car salesmen Alex Andrews and Trevor Bailey are doing their bit for Queen, football team and country by giving their cars a patriotic makeover.
More than 60 of the cars at LG car sales in Littleport have been adorned in England flags to support Roy Hodgson’s men in Ukraine while the reams of Union Jacks flying around the lot itself are a nod to the Diamond Jubilee.
Alex said: “Ideally we are looking to add a new row of flags for every round that England progressed so it has gone very well so far.
“It is quite a sight as you drive by on the bypass so hopefully it will help raise spirits and get people in a patriotic mood.
“The bunting has been up since the Diamond Jubilee and we have even had people coming in and asking if we would like to sell it on to them because apparently there is a real shortage at the moment.”
You may also want to watch:
LG is also running a Diamond Jubilee and European Championship manager’s special with discounts on dozens of their cars.
- 1 High life ends for Bentley owning drug dealer
- 2 Neighbours want council to call time on off-licence
- 3 Man who spent Christmas alone in intensive care proposes to girlfriend
- 4 Transgender rapist - with anatomy of a man- jailed for 15 years
- 5 Fishing park owners await green light to open third lake
- 6 Nitrous oxide canisters no laughing matter say Fenland police
- 7 County cops issue more than 60 Covid fines since beginning of 2021
- 8 Ever get that sinking feeling?
- 9 MP visits hospital about to become centre of Covid-19 vaccine rollout
- 10 Driver bids to drift towards fruitful career with national success