FOR SALE: 600 cow dairy farm worth �3.4 million
A 600 cow dairy farm near Guyhirn worth �3.4 million is up for sale.
However estate agents Savills says it wants to sell Redgate Farm as a package including its herd, stocks and machinery, as well as nearly six million litres of milk quota.
The 307 acre farm, 14 miles east of Peterborough, was completed in 2007 with a modern dairy housing and automated slurry systems and 35,000 litres of bulk tank storage.
It also contains a recently built four-bedroom detached house and temporary agricultural dwelling, with scope for further development.
That provides “sufficient accommodation for core management staff on farm”, Savills says, as “currently a number of skilled staff live locally and work on the farm”.
You may also want to watch:
Milk is sold under an Arla Sainsbury milk contract and the farm is not shown as being located with a Nitrate Vulnerable Zone.
Adrian Wilson, from Savills, said: “Many people looking to buy a dairy farm may not be considering this area.
- 1 Crash boy's mum says he's 'badly shaken but OK'
- 2 Chief executive takes 'personal oversight' of inquiry into deputy leader's farm tenancy
- 3 Former Top Gear star Rory Reid spotted filming with Lamborghini
- 4 Covid-19 numbers in Fenland higher than rest of county
- 5 Council books seven hotels and guest houses for homeless
- 6 Rapist on bail performed magic tricks for police and security guard
- 7 Max and Chloe become pioneers of community housing success in Cambs village
- 8 Welcome to Whittlesey - the new UK hotspot for kite surfing?
- 9 Transgender rapist - with anatomy of a man- jailed for 15 years
- 10 Care home 'requires improvement' after unannounced visit
“However Redgate Farm offers an ideal opportunity for someone wanting to expand their dairy business to a larger unit with plenty of space to expand further including more buildings and extending the parlour.
“Compared with many large dairy units built from small beginnings Redgate Farm has a refreshingly simple and efficient housing configuration.”
Antony Oliphant, also from Savills. added: “Whilst Redgate Farm is noteworthy in its own right we are selling the package as a preferred option being the farm with the herd, stocks and machinery.
“Buyers will have the opportunity to buy a settled herd kept in immaculate conditions for which we will provide Kite costed management information and CIS milk records. It is clear that a great deal of thought has gone into the feeding and management of this profitable, young herd.”
Anyone interested in a guide price for the whole package should call Savills on 01223 347231.