Free health tips for Fenland’s businesses as British Heart Foundation hosts special seminar
BUSINESSES from across Fenland are being invited to learn how to inspire a healthy workforce at a special seminar held by The British Heart Foundation (BHF).
The Health at Work seminar comes to Chatteris in October and representatives from all of Fenland’s businesses can attend for free if they reserve their place before the end of the month.
The BHF’s programme teaches employers the skills needed to promote better health in their organisations.
Fenland District Council were recently handed a �100,000 grant from the charity to improve the heart health of the district through the Hearty Lives programme.
Lisa Purcell, Health at Work Project Manager at the BHF, said: “This is an excellent way to engage with organisations that take their colleagues’ health to heart.
“We would like to encourage local businesses in and around Fenland to sign up. Attendees will have the chance to familiarise themselves with a BHF Health at Work programme and explore how to apply it to their own workplace setting.
“Delegates also receive a free Think Fit! practical resource pack which contains a step-by-step guide to promoting workplace health, including a range of ideas, challenges and signposts.
- 1 Grandmother paralysed by Covid slowly improving, judge told
- 2 Whittlesey and March serve up cup thriller ahead of crucial weekend
- 3 Boxing club 'absolutely gutted' as mass brawl abandons show
- 4 Live music, over 100 stalls and fair rides as Christmas market returns
- 5 Staff threatened with sledgehammer in armed robbery at St Neots jewellers
- 6 Thief will spend Christmas in prison after breaching court order
- 7 Owner left excited as town's 'heirloom' features on I'm A Celebrity trial
- 8 Drug dealers operating the ‘Marlo’ and ‘Star’ lines have been jailed
- 9 Rail passengers urged to plan ahead of vital junction rebuild
- 10 Gill ready to 'give fans a show' amid European title frustration
“The investment is minimal compared to the personal and organisational goals achieved.”
The seminar will be held at the South Fens Business Centre, in Chatteris, on Thursday October 13. To find out more and reserve your space visit bhf.org.uk/healthseminareast