G’s Beetroot beats off tough competition to bring safest fork lift site award home to Fenland
- Credit: Archant
A Fenland factory is home to the safest fork lift site in the UK after it won a national award.
G’s Fresh Beetroot won the Safe Site award at the annual Fork Lift Truck Association Awards, held in Telford on Saturday.
The March factory beat competition from the likes of Heineken UK, NHS National, Nestle UK and Babcock International to win the award.
G’s was nominated by Wayne Marshall, despatch manager at the March factory, following improvements made at the factory.
Mr Marshall said: “The award is open to any company in the UK that operates fork lift trucks and has introduced a new initiative to make the operation of their trucks safer at their site.
You may also want to watch:
“This may have been the complete redesign of all or part of the site, modification of the site, a change to operating processes and procedures, or anything else that has made a significant contribution to safety including incident and accident reduction.
“The night begun with an entrance from the Scottish bagpipes and drummers followed by a superb firework display setting the theme for what proved to be a fantastic evening and end result.
- 1 Mother sends warning over 'disgraceful' care of six-year-old daughter
- 2 Students dare to dream of England Lionesses spot after trial success
- 3 Aquapark boss hits back at threat of enforcement
- 4 7 of the prettiest villages to visit in East Cambs and Fenland
- 5 Two drink drivers lose their licences
- 6 Man killed in Estover Road motorbike crash named by police
- 7 March lorry and cyclist collision: Eye-witness saw ‘boy laid in the road’
- 8 7 places to avoid the crowds in Cambs this summer
- 9 Live updates as cyclist is ‘hit by lorry’ near March secondary school
- 10 Hospitals temporarily reintroduce restrictions for visitors
“To say we was pleased with the result is an understatement. The team are now working and looking forward to the 2016 awards!”