G’s Beetroot beats off tough competition to bring safest fork lift site award home to Fenland
- Credit: Archant
A Fenland factory is home to the safest fork lift site in the UK after it won a national award.
G’s Fresh Beetroot won the Safe Site award at the annual Fork Lift Truck Association Awards, held in Telford on Saturday.
The March factory beat competition from the likes of Heineken UK, NHS National, Nestle UK and Babcock International to win the award.
G’s was nominated by Wayne Marshall, despatch manager at the March factory, following improvements made at the factory.
Mr Marshall said: “The award is open to any company in the UK that operates fork lift trucks and has introduced a new initiative to make the operation of their trucks safer at their site.
“This may have been the complete redesign of all or part of the site, modification of the site, a change to operating processes and procedures, or anything else that has made a significant contribution to safety including incident and accident reduction.
“The night begun with an entrance from the Scottish bagpipes and drummers followed by a superb firework display setting the theme for what proved to be a fantastic evening and end result.
- 1 Man taken to hospital with serious injuries after B1098 crash
- 2 Multiple emergency services at scene after B1098 crash
- 3 Cambridgeshire individual diagnosed with Covid-19 Omicron variant
- 4 Four charged with modern slavery crimes on one woman
- 5 Trainspotters catch Duchess of Sutherland whistling through Fens
- 6 Tributes paid to 'beloved husband' killed crossing road
- 7 Man who died in St Neots crash is named
- 8 Dental practice plan move to industrial park
- 9 Woman in court over town pub burglary
- 10 When are Royal Mail's last posting dates for Christmas 2021?
“To say we was pleased with the result is an understatement. The team are now working and looking forward to the 2016 awards!”