G’s Beetroot beats off tough competition to bring safest fork lift site award home to Fenland
- Credit: Archant
A Fenland factory is home to the safest fork lift site in the UK after it won a national award.
G’s Fresh Beetroot won the Safe Site award at the annual Fork Lift Truck Association Awards, held in Telford on Saturday.
The March factory beat competition from the likes of Heineken UK, NHS National, Nestle UK and Babcock International to win the award.
G’s was nominated by Wayne Marshall, despatch manager at the March factory, following improvements made at the factory.
Mr Marshall said: “The award is open to any company in the UK that operates fork lift trucks and has introduced a new initiative to make the operation of their trucks safer at their site.
You may also want to watch:
“This may have been the complete redesign of all or part of the site, modification of the site, a change to operating processes and procedures, or anything else that has made a significant contribution to safety including incident and accident reduction.
“The night begun with an entrance from the Scottish bagpipes and drummers followed by a superb firework display setting the theme for what proved to be a fantastic evening and end result.
- 1 Police officer sacked for racially abusing colleague at Christmas party
- 2 Bullying and insider trader claims pile up against former deputy leader
- 3 Historian who wrote 126 books and spent 64 years bellringing dies aged 90
- 4 BBC drama Casualty storyline to feature pelvic mesh implant scandal
- 5 Police hunt homemade go-kart ‘causing anti-social behaviour’
- 6 Trades group hears of alarming rise in shop worker abuse amid Covid
- 7 Fen farm on more than 200 acres of land up for sale for £2.2million
- 8 Rural crime police recover dog in ‘poor state’ while on site check
- 9 Spectators to be 'kept well away' when 85m chimneys come down
- 10 £1.5 million food store creates 12 jobs
“To say we was pleased with the result is an understatement. The team are now working and looking forward to the 2016 awards!”