G’s Beetroot beats off tough competition to bring safest fork lift site award home to Fenland
- Credit: Archant
A Fenland factory is home to the safest fork lift site in the UK after it won a national award.
G’s Fresh Beetroot won the Safe Site award at the annual Fork Lift Truck Association Awards, held in Telford on Saturday.
The March factory beat competition from the likes of Heineken UK, NHS National, Nestle UK and Babcock International to win the award.
G’s was nominated by Wayne Marshall, despatch manager at the March factory, following improvements made at the factory.
Mr Marshall said: “The award is open to any company in the UK that operates fork lift trucks and has introduced a new initiative to make the operation of their trucks safer at their site.
You may also want to watch:
“This may have been the complete redesign of all or part of the site, modification of the site, a change to operating processes and procedures, or anything else that has made a significant contribution to safety including incident and accident reduction.
“The night begun with an entrance from the Scottish bagpipes and drummers followed by a superb firework display setting the theme for what proved to be a fantastic evening and end result.
- 1 High life ends for Bentley owning drug dealer
- 2 Transgender rapist - with anatomy of a man- jailed for 15 years
- 3 Neighbours want council to call time on off-licence
- 4 Man who spent Christmas alone in intensive care proposes to girlfriend
- 5 Fishing park owners await green light to open third lake
- 6 Owner's desperate plea - and £500 reward - to find missing dog
- 7 County cops issue more than 60 Covid fines since beginning of 2021
- 8 Nitrous oxide canisters no laughing matter say Fenland police
- 9 MP visits hospital about to become centre of Covid-19 vaccine rollout
- 10 'Bed-bound, my body felt exasperated' - reporter shares battle with Covid-19
“To say we was pleased with the result is an understatement. The team are now working and looking forward to the 2016 awards!”